Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 09:37 PM

Amber Rudd Quits

Nothing to see here
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 09:44 PM

Re: Amber Rudd Quits

Just seen on Sky News that Amber Rudd has resigned. Yes, the pro-Remain, anti-no deal Amber Rudd who sold out her principles for a cabinet post.
Wonder how the Remain media will portray her?
Probably as Joan of Arc or Mother Teresa, rather than an “I can be bought for a chauffeur driven limo” career chaser.
Good riddance either way
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 11:18 PM

I understand from other cabinet members, when Johnson invited colleagues to join his Goverment he was explicit that they had to commit to leaving on the 31st Oct with or without a deal. I wondered why Rudd was in the cabinet at all and if she was an informant for her brother Roland Rudd who chairs 'The People’s Vote campaign' . Nothing would surprise me these days
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 11:31 PM

With all these politicians simply "quitting" left, right and centre, it just shows you how much money they must be earning.
How many ordinary people can just give up their jobs like that?
They have obviously planned things beforehand and have 'people in the know' who use devious methods of securing them employment elsewhere.
It's all very strange and it's something that is never mentioned. They just "quit" and that is it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 11:45 PM

Robert Peston says of Amber Rudd ...

''It was anomalous that given that she was one of the three main organisers (with Boles and Letwin) of Tory MP opposition to no deal - and her position in government became impossible after JoJohnsonUK quit ''
Even more surprising she was in the cabinet at all...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 11:48 PM

I thought she resigned from the cabinet and gave up the Tory whip. She is still an MP. As are the others who have been sacked from the tories. So it's not quitting in the conventional sense.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought she resigned from the cabinet and gave up the Tory whip. She is still an MP. As are the others who have been sacked from the tories. So it's not quitting in the conventional sense.
But as these Tories (and others) gave up the whips that allied them to a particular party shouldn't they have elections in their respective constituencies as they were voted in to represent a particular party by the electorate who voted for them?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
But as these Tories (and others) gave up the whips that allied them to a particular party shouldn't they have elections in their respective constituencies as they were voted in to represent a particular party by the electorate who voted for them?
That would be far too sensible, plus they make the rules and law. Churchill moved about a fair bit (liberal, independent, tory). Apparently we vote for the individual and not the party...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 01:22 AM

Hi

The worrying thing is that Boris has split the Tory Party.

We could end up with the worst of all outcomes, Remaining and Corbyn.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-09-2019, 02:00 AM

I reckon it will be a BRINO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top