Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 05:39 PM

Re: Freedom of Speech

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Coincidentally, I have just seen a 'warning message' on the Talking Pictures TV channel:

"Scotland Yard was made between 1952 and 1961 and contains some offensive and discriminatory language which reflects the prevailing attitudes of the time."

Really! Should things like that be necessary?

Perhaps the Oxford University Bodleian Library should go through every one of their historical tomes and insert a warning text wherever necessary stating that:
"This book was printed between 1352 and 1361 (dates as appropriate) and contains some offensive and discriminatory language which reflects the prevailing attitudes of the time."

After all, if anyone is going to be offended it will be the young snowflake students who have been successfully brainwashed to object against anything not politically accredited by their supervising lefty academics.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It maybe worth refreshing yourselves on some of the Over50sForum rules in this thread...

Thank you
Is that just a reminder Mags or do you think someone has posted something homophobic or racist etc etc etc?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Is that just a reminder Mags or do you think someone has posted something homophobic or racist etc etc etc?
I don't think we are posting racist/homophobic remarks, well I haven't anyway. We are merely saying that all of this gender-neutral nonsense has gone too far. We are not singling out anybody for being gay, lesbian, bi, or whatever.
If Piers Morgan can use his right to freedom of speech on national television at 7am in the morning I'm sure we can express our non-liberal views also. We are only talking common sense and saying what most people believe is right in society.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
i wonder where it will all end up? sign language only maybe?
Mouths duct taped up springs to mind
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 06:02 PM

No LD, nothing has been posted .... yet. Just making sure members refresh the rules just in case
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Mouths duct taped up springs to mind
No not at all. Why does anybody have the right to silence us and tell us what we can and cannot say.
We are within the boundaries of common sense and unless we deliberately set out to insult people on purpose then nobody should be allowed to tell us what to say. Never back down to anybody who thinks they have more authority than you do wirhout them giving a viable reason for why they do so.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-09-2019, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No LD, nothing has been posted .... yet. Just making sure members refresh the rules just in case
I agree, Mags, and I'm sure most of us are wise enough to stay within the boundaries of forum rules
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-09-2019, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I don't think we are posting racist/homophobic remarks, well I haven't anyway. We are merely saying that all of this gender-neutral nonsense has gone too far. We are not singling out anybody for being gay, lesbian, bi, or whatever.
If Piers Morgan can use his right to freedom of speech on national television at 7am in the morning I'm sure we can express our non-liberal views also. We are only talking common sense and saying what most people believe is right in society.

The trouble is, all this rubbish is turning people against each other because they are sick of hearing about it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-09-2019, 06:24 PM

The trouble is, all this rubbish is turning people against each other because they are sick of hearing about it.
We'll always have arguments mate. On forums and as when we are real people in daily life. People have different personalities (unless you are Dutch) and we disagree. They are sick of hearing about stuff everywhere so that's why they want to say their piece.
At the end of the day though, we're all on this planet together (for now). However much we argue and fight, we all eat, sleep and sh!t.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-09-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
We'll always have arguments mate. On forums and as when we are real people in daily life. People have different personalities (unless you are Dutch) and we disagree. They are sick of hearing about stuff everywhere so that's why they want to say their piece.
At the end of the day though, we're all on this planet together (for now). However much we argue and fight, we all eat, sleep and sh!t.
Ha ha true. (well apart from the Queen of course).

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top