Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 01:43 PM

Re: Lisa Nandy on taxing wealth

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Is that your solution for society Todger?
Its a bit "every man for himself" don't you think?

This is exactly how the billionaires want you to think.
It's MY solution for me and my immediate family and I fully endorse the principle of living in a dog eat dog world because I learned the hard way and very early on in life that is exactly what it is.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's MY solution for me and my immediate family and I fully endorse the principle of living in a dog eat dog world because I learned the hard way and very early on in life that is exactly what it is.
You could try getting off your knees and trying to imagine a better world or are you happy worshipping the billionaires because they've "earned it"?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 10:59 PM

Dodgy territory when using the word earned.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 04:52 PM

You could try getting off your knees and trying to imagine a better world or are you happy worshipping the billionaires because they've "earned it"?
Todgy is al billionare in dodgy clothing R1!!

Donkeyman! 😜😜😜
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Todgy is al billionare in dodgy clothing R1!!

Donkeyman! 😜😜😜
I wish!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-03-2020, 12:55 PM

Unless inherited money such as the case with the Windsors very wealth people HAVE earned what they have accrued.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 09:58 PM

Unless inherited money such as the case with the Windsors very wealth people HAVE earned what they have accrued.
Stay on your knees forever Todger and worship the Saudi Kings, Mike Ashley, Donald Trump, the Mafia because they "earned" it. Is that right?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-03-2020, 03:34 PM

Stay on your knees forever Todger and worship the Saudi Kings, Mike Ashley, Donald Trump, the Mafia because they "earned" it. Is that right?

Well Ashley certainly earned his gelt and in the case of the Italian mafia so did they buy in a less than legal market.

Saud's inherited but in the case of The Don, he inherited the family business and worked extremely hard to turn it into the huge conglomerate that it is today.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 06:17 PM

That is contradictary Todgy isnt it?
Earnt and accrual are polar opposites!!
Accrual definition is according to my lore, if f you fall in the shyte,
Some shyte will stick to you? 😁😁😁

Donkeyman!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Either way Ms Nandy who comes from Wigan and should know better believes that once your dead any savings ( wealth ) you have belongs by rights to the state .
As a life long labour supporter I would rather give it to the dogs home and I may well do so rather than a penny to those who would take it from my children .
It's absolutely disgusting that people can think like that. The state has absolutely no right to any assets you may have acrued in your life. IMO death duties are the most vile and envious of taxes.

So you work hard all your life, saving little bits here and there, and you eventualy (after 60 or 70 years) accrue a modest amount of savings, and the state comes along and grabs it.

As you have said Ms Nandy should know better and I would wager than when she is 30 years older , with kids, and in need of a care home she might well think differently.

I will die before my wife so my will leaves everything to her. When she dies I think she'll leave everyting to one dog charity. We are in the process of getting them to register as an official charity so that she (my wife) can leave it all to them.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top