Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 09:47 AM

Re: Care Homes Thrown under a bus

This is the minimum sort of kit we need for care workers in every home and nurses in every hospital and dentists and so on.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/heal...-a4421611.html

The positive air pressure in the hood ensures no CV19 droplets can be inhaled or land on eyes etc. No doubt this is expensive kit but compared to a carer's life and spreading the disease back in the community the cost is nothing.

This is the kit that all wealthy countries should have by now. The reality is that UK is grovelling to Turkey for flimsy surgical masks. Care workers are using bin bags and deaths in care homes are about to explode. Our "government" will ONLY be concentrating on a way of fiddling the figures.

The UK is an island. We had the benefit of being later than most to get the disease but our "government" didn't stop a single plane coming back from Italy, or New York or China. We didn't test anyone. We didn't trace anyone. Now we have an epidemic and even now our "Government" is more interested in politics than its own people. Our "Prime Minister" was either honeymooning or shaking hands with people at a crowded Cheltenham race course when he should have been leading.

Is this what "Taking back control" of our borders looks like?

When will the UK wake up and realise you have been conned by the Eton elitists again.

Actually our real leader is Dominic Cummings not the plastic front men you see on the telly. God help us.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well he denied it as did No.10

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21A17M

but they also denied herd immunity was the original strategy when it was clear that it was the underlying strategy at the time (as we had no other). This led to a delay in lockdown. At the time I thought it should have happened 2 weeks earlier.

I don't recall a strategy on care homes being discussed at the time but there were already concerns. It appeared that the guidance was that old people could be somehow shielded while everyone else went about their normal life. Some people don't do detail. Then leave others to sort out the ensuing mess.
Well that clears up the rotten and FALSE accusations being made against Cummings and deliberate ignoring old people being left to die.

May I recommend revisiting the Pierian spring.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
The reason Brexit is back in the news is because the U.K. missed out on an EU purchase order for CV19 kit. Do try and keep up.
We are no longer a part of the EU (thank goodness).
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well of course the reason to open a care home is to make a profit!

Nothing wrong with that BUT the costs of running such an enterprise is considerable.

I'm surprised if catering for the needs of 20 residents can be kept within 20 grand pw and still turn a profit in many parts of the UK.
Where do you do your eating Todgy?
I can get a nice dinner, things like ox-- tail & lamb shanks etc for
about £6 a time at our local eatery/pub? The quantity is more than
most old geezers could handle anr the quality is the same as mum
would make? That adds up to £42 pw!
Seems there is a lot of fat left from over £1,000 unless you are
leasing and outsourcing everything?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We bought from here but five weeks ago. I checked again this morning and now that supplier is out of stock - but just Google around and you'll find many other suppliers.

https://www.distrelec.ch/en/maintena...DNAV_PL_180602
Are you seriously thinking our thousands of care homes could buy the PPE they need desperately on a daily basis from a dodgy internet link like this???

You should be in our cabinet!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

23-04-2020, 10:20 AM

Are you seriously thinking our thousands of care homes could buy the PPE they need desperately on a daily basis from a dodgy internet link like this???

You should be in our cabinet!
What I am pointing out is that PPE can be bought from a number of sources.
Reality1
Scotland

23-04-2020, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I am going to upset some of you now but this is my opinion and mine alone.
Care home owners do not care about their 'inmates' All they see is £ signs in front of their eyes.
The lady who does my cleaning once worked in a private nursing home. The staff wages were pathetic, not enough to live a comfortable life on. The cost per 'inmate' was £1,100 per week. There were twenty living in this home, that makes a total of over £20, 000 a week being made by the home owner.
Surely they could afford to buy their own PPE to protect their staff and 'inmates'.
All of this brings up the question. Does anyone in authority really care about the aged. IMO those of us that reach old age are no longer of interest to governmental bodies.
Actually Ben it's not only your opinion. Anyone with half a brain cell can see it. Capitalism does not care. I think even "Todger" would agree with that.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

23-04-2020, 10:45 AM

Actually Ben it's not only your opinion. Anyone with half a brain cell can see it. Capitalism does not care. I think even "Todger" would agree with that.
And your point is?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 10:59 AM

At some point care homes and people in general should take more responsibility for their health and not expect the government to always be there to kiss it better wipe their tears away....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Where do you do your eating Todgy?
I can get a nice dinner, things like ox-- tail & lamb shanks etc for
about £6 a time at our local eatery/pub? The quantity is more than
most old geezers could handle anr the quality is the same as mum
would make? That adds up to £42 pw!
Seems there is a lot of fat left from over £1,000 unless you are
leasing and outsourcing everything?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
And what about breakfast, tea and supper Donkeyman?
Plus lots of little extras (biscuits and chocolate etc)
Who takes care of the laundry?
Who cleans the toilets and sometimes the patrons?
Who provides lifting gear, safety equipment and wheelchairs?
When the fire brigade visit and require major alterations?
Insurance?
Rooms nicely decorated?
Building Maintenance?
Buildings Insurance? (separate from personal injury Insurance)
Staff wages? (albeit appittance)
Bedding, towels, staff uniforms, spare blankets, aprons, masks gloves?
Newspapers, magazines etc?
Electricity, gas and other utilities?
Not much change out of your grand a week now Donkey....

And not things generally supplied by your local Toby Carvery.....

Mrs Fox was a supervisor in a large care home, and later a nursing home....

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top