Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:24 PM

Re: What's happened to my Caret?

There have been no problems for me but that may be because I use a Mac....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Twink, it will be interesting to find out. Btw, Using my phone here and the caret appears as it should, so it only happens on my PC which is old and updated with Grimdows10.
The same black borders/caret effect is there when using Chromium on the Linux Mint operating system (Chrome-based browsers are based on Chromium). Not there when using Firefox on Linux Mint.

It doesn't look to be anything to do with Windows 10.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I'm on Windows 10 with an old computer and, AFAIK, the problem is just on this site.
That's what I find Omah. That and it seems more prevalent on Chromium-based browsers. Not hugely inconvenient though.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well we all know what rubbish Windows10 is! I am sickened by Microsoft games that are designed to make sure people have to pay them money to get help, by offering gems for money so people can get help with the game.
I find Windows 10 the best MS operating system yet. Windows 7 is like wading through treacle compared to it.

I don't know about all games but the ones I've bought from the Microsoft have been good value for money. I like 'hidden object' games. Lots of graphically-rich scenes, stages and mini-games that can take many hours to complete ..and all for around a fiver. I've paid more elsewhere.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
That's what I find Omah. That and it seems more prevalent on Chromium-based browsers. Not hugely inconvenient though.

I find Windows 10 the best MS operating system yet. Windows 7 is like wading through treacle compared to it.

I don't know about all games but the ones I've bought from the Microsoft have been good value for money. I like 'hidden object' games. Lots of graphically-rich scenes, stages and mini-games that can take many hours to complete ..and all for around a fiver. I've paid more elsewhere.
I always bought my own games for a similar price. I am talking about the ones that are free to play, on windows 10, but where you need a hint they make sure that you have to buy things like "rubies" to get those hints.
How many children must ask for parents to buy these rubies so the can continue the game.

I loved Windows XP but couldn't get that when I changed my PC!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 07:40 PM

My windows 10 laptop is only 18 months old and I'm getting the black square and no cursor when I start a new line. It's bloody annoying.....

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with those microsoft tossers.....I'm going to buy a Chromebook next time...

I think microsoft can access your computer when it's switched off if the router is still on.....I'm going to build a metal box to keep my laptop in when it's not in use.....what does anyone think? Am I being paranoid?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

04-06-2020, 07:52 PM

I always bought my own games for a similar price. I am talking about the ones that are free to play, on windows 10, but where you need a hint they make sure that you have to buy things like "rubies" to get those hints.
How many children must ask for parents to buy these rubies so the can continue the game.

I loved Windows XP but couldn't get that when I changed my PC!
I find most games are only free to play to a degree. Those hidden object ones are free to a certain level and then payment is expected to go further. They are a one-off payment though. I know a lot of Android games are free but have lots of ads. I always pay the required two or three Pounds to get rid of the ads where possible. I've bought a few 'Gem' games ('Bejeweled' being one) from the MS Store over the years but they have been a single payment.

I don't have all the games installed but I know they will be on the Microsoft Store to download and install again if I want them. The experience with MS Store games has been a positive one all in all.

I liked XP too ..but when it was in its first year or two, I remember the arguments I got into on one forum because I said it was good when most others there thought it was awful.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

04-06-2020, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My windows 10 laptop is only 18 months old and I'm getting the black square and no cursor when I start a new line. It's bloody annoying.....

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with those microsoft tossers.....I'm going to buy a Chromebook next time...

I think microsoft can access your computer when it's switched off if the router is still on.....I'm going to build a metal box to keep my laptop in when it's not in use.....what does anyone think? Am I being paranoid?
When you get that angry with a company, going elsewhere is the right thing to do in my opinion. I installed Linux and got to know it a bit so that I would be comfortable using a different platform if the need was felt. This hasn't happened so far but it's always good to have a fall-back system.

I don't know just what people are seeing OGF but I've done a lot of testing with sites and different browsers since this thread was started and found that the reported problem is only here ..and it's probably due to the reasons already written about. It does only look minor for me though and maybe others have a worse effect than I'm seeing.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:16 PM

I've lost the flashing bit now .
Glad it's not just me. I'm on Chrome.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

04-06-2020, 08:24 PM

I'm finding Firefox has the flashing cursor as soon as the text entry box is clicked on. Firefox is good and it could be installed as an additional browser ..or even the main one.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I wish that was true. I'm a yesterday man now.
Off topic I know, but couldn't resist this mart:

How many of you are on Windows 10?

I'm not on Windows 10.... still with Windows 8.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top