Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 08:30 AM

Re: Hairdressers

I go to a walk in shop called Easy Barber - they do men's & women's. I'm quite happy with the way they trim my hair.

They are open today but I expect there will be a long queue. I need to try & get sometime next week. Like others on here I have trimmed my own fringe but that's all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 08:44 AM

My neighbour has already gone to the hairdresser this morning.She was first in the queue with hers who only has two people working in the salon.

I won't be going anytime soon. A visitor to my neighbour said 'I see your neighbour is breaking lockdown getting her hair cut, where does she go'

I have continuously trimmed bits off my hair since I last visited the hairdresser in February. Little and often is a good rule. Luckily I have a variety of tools including not only scissors but serrated thinning scissors and a Durham Duplex blade from my dog trimming box. I would not risk breaking my shielding just for the sake of my hair, I am not going to be going anywhere anyway only essential places like collecting my prescription and the vet .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My neighbour has already gone to the hairdresser this morning.She was first in the queue with hers who only has two people working in the salon.

I won't be going anytime soon. A visitor to my neighbour said 'I see your neighbour is breaking lockdown getting her hair cut, where does she go'

I have continuously trimmed bits off my hair since I last visited the hairdresser in February. Little and often is a good rule. Luckily I have a variety of tools including not only scissors but serrated thinning scissors and a Durham Duplex blade from my dog trimming box. I would not risk breaking my shielding just for the sake of my hair, I am not going to be going anywhere anyway.
Hi

I agree Meg.

Guy and I are having a meal out Monday, it is his birthday.

A carefully chosen outside location.

We have 3 days of Hospital Appointments next week, so taking no chances.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 07:36 PM

My daughter had her hair cut in her house this morning by her mobile hairdresser. The hairdresser wore a visor while Sue had to wear a mask. She also cut my grandson's hair while she was there.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 09:39 PM

Change of plans, and my hairdresser is coming to me on Monday instead of me going there now.

Looking forward to having my hi-lights re-done and the layers put back in.

She said she will be wearing a visor so hope the dogs let her in! They love her normally.

I remember the vet said some animals didn't like the masks they were all wearing.
I suppose the animals couldn't see the facial expressions and speech might have been a bit muffled so I am not surprised. The poor dogs probably didn't recognise them even and perhaps thought they all looked like burgulars!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 06:04 PM

Just to irritate those on the prolonged waiting list - just had my hair cut.

Feels so much better
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 06:19 PM

Me and mrs p had ours done yesterday our hairdresser is mobile and has been coming to us for about 30 years, it does feel good, mind you I miss my long flowing locks blowing in the breeze
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Me and mrs p had ours done yesterday our hairdresser is mobile and has been coming to us for about 30 years, it does feel good, mind you I miss my long flowing locks blowing in the breeze
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 07:18 PM

My hairdresser comes to me too. In fact, she lives with me.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Hard to get the same effect on me pushbike.....

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top