Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 04:54 PM

Drug Drivers on Britain's Roads

I've always found it curious how people focus solely on alcohol and driving, but rarely seem to give other substances a thought.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-positive.html
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 08:17 PM

Re: Drug Drivers on Britain's Roads

We have drug buses and booze buses here in Victoria.They'll turn up unannounced on a highway and test everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 08:46 PM

I find it scary

There have been some serious accidents/road deaths around here as a result of people driving while under the influence of drugs.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
We have drug buses and booze buses here in Victoria.They'll turn up unannounced on a highway and test everyone.
Technically they're not allowed to do that here without a valid reason to stop you, not to say it doesn't happen though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I find it scary

There have been some serious accidents/road deaths around here as a result of people driving while under the influence of drugs.

I think the bloke who drove into my front garden wall - first time - was on drugs. Well they found some in his car anyway.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Technically they're not allowed to do that here without a valid reason to stop you, not to say it doesn't happen though.
More's the pity !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 11:21 AM

Trouble with drug driving is some don't have much choice as they are on prescribed medication to help them function and work. Take away the drugs they can't work. Take away the car and they can't work.

Not saying it's right but unless they make public transport easier to access in all areas it will carry on happening.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Trouble with drug driving is some don't have much choice as they are on prescribed medication to help them function and work. Take away the drugs they can't work. Take away the car and they can't work.

Not saying it's right but unless they make public transport easier to access in all areas it will carry on happening.

I agree about public transport becoming less accessible now, they are cutting it to the bone round here.

On the other hand, drugs that can affect driving ability usually have a printed warning with them telling you not to drive if you are affected.
If someone chooses to ignore that warning, and ends up causing an accident, they would still be in trouble.

Imagine how you'd feel if someone you loved got killed just because a driver wanted to get to work when he knew he
was affected by his medication.

Trouble is, most people do not bother to read the drug leaflet in the packets.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 05:48 PM

I completely agree mups I just can't see how many of can continue working without our medications. I follow a bus to work so was happy to abandon my car until I realised I had to wait an hour or more after work to get the bus home then walk a good half hour to get here. Just not possible and taxis are out of the question cost wise.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 06:45 PM

Hi

I do not drive when I am on strong painkillers, they make me drowsy.

That was one reason for moving from the village to the town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top