Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 03:30 PM

Re: from China

I have bought things for just pennies from china and korea tiny amount of postage. No idea how they do it but very happy they do.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 04:47 PM

The Indian cost me twenty quid and that's just up the road.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I have seen those great containers arrive in Southampton.
The items can take longer at times, depends if you have ordered at the time they are filling up those containers.
I think that is probably right, stuff from China can take from 10 days to 6 weeks to arrive here.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:15 PM

Be careful if you order fashions from China as they are made for petite very slim flat chested Chinese women

Size 14 is more like a size 10 in UK. The return postage is so complicated and high, sometimes a photo required as well.
It is hardly worth shipping them back.
They are usually sold on Ebay UK
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:21 PM

I have a number of Chinese fountain pens and I'm consistently amazed at the quality vs the price. I had a bit of a delve into it, and some of these Chinese companies receive Government subsidies. That is just one aspect that helps them be extremely competitive.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I have a number of Chinese fountain pens and I'm consistently amazed at the quality vs the price. I had a bit of a delve into it, and some of these Chinese companies receive Government subsidies. That is just one aspect that helps them be extremely competitive.

Why can't the government here subsides British business then we would not need to import some much From China and the Fare East?

British is Best
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Why can't the government here subsides British business then we would not need to import some much From China and the Fare East?

British is Best
You are in favour of paying more tax or accepting lower wages/pension? China is a command economy yours is not.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:37 PM

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

18-01-2019, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You are in favour of paying more tax or accepting lower wages/pension? China is a command economy yours is not.
Our economy is stagnated through cheap imports, high Rents and rates, and taxes unless you are Phillip Green who is allowed to pay himself and wive £miillions tax-free dividends, compliments of the British Government, also get away with stealing from the Workers Pension Fund as well

The Chinese government help their people and commercial enterprises far more the British government
That is why they are the biggest exporters worldwide, and even lend money to other Countries
They also pay a great deal of money to send their Students to UK Universities to be educated even though a Communist Country. They are known for working hard to get their degrees and most do not smoke, get drunk. or take drugs.

China has embraced Capitalism in a very productive way as well. Chinese are no longer poorly paid, and witness all the Chinese visitors here in the UK on holiday with lots of money to spend
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

19-01-2019, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->

China has embraced Capitalism in a very productive way as well. Chinese are no longer poorly paid, and witness all the Chinese visitors here in the UK on holiday with lots of money to spend
That is all true BUT irrelevant, China is still a command economy and Britain is not.

BTW China is our biggest trading partner 29% of our exports going to China (Japan is next with 13% then USA 7%). It used to be said that the USA sneezes Australia catches cold now it is China.

The Chinese are also our top overseas visitors having over taken the Kiwis - 1.4 million visited last year and Australians with Chinese ancestry make up 6% of our resident population (at least twice as many more Chinese that Aboriginals).

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top