Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:17 PM

Really rough pubs

Just a little bored and freezing cold waiting for a venue to open its doors to see a band, so I'm in the pub across the road.

Well I've frequented some rough holes in my time but this takes the biscuit. Broken glass on the floor, a bunch of tattooed, nose-pierced chavs playing pool swearing and someone just fell over at the bar.
Lots of hi-vis wearing junkies obviously been in here since 11am this morning and a girl of about 17 with three babies in a pram.
Everybody drinking Carling except me, keeping myself to myself. Can't complain though - my very nice pint only cost me £2 25 and I'm going to buy another. Why not?

Anyway, my question:
Does anyone have any tales of not so desireable drinking establishments to tell?

Back later, I'd best neck my beer and join the queue
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:43 PM

Re: Really rough pubs

Lots of hi-vis wearing junkies obviously been in here since 11am
Brexiters OMG be careful.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:55 PM

I thought, you could tell a rough pub by the sawdust, spittle and blood on the floor!
Oh and the billiard table being used for other activities!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:58 PM

Yep, a place on the Isle of Wight, where the Landlord sold drugs as well as beer. Only went in there once.

Oh and a little place where the Landlord was a midget, so behind the bar was a raised platform. He served underage drinkers, yep I was one of them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
They don't know what Brexit is mate. They can't read papers.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I thought, you could tell a rough pub by the sawdust, spittle and blood on the floor!
Oh and the billiard table being used for other activities!!
This one isn't far off, Art lol! Full of Hull Hillbillies! Anyway, must go, the band is coming on Just hope I can hear them with my dodgy ears!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:18 PM

Floydy what are you doing in this low dive?!
We don't want you to be led astray!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:19 PM

In Moorends the pubs are so rough the bouncers are on the inside stopping people from getting out...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Even worse.......French Brexiters.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=Floydy; This one isn't far off, Art lol! Full of Hull Hillbillies! Anyway, must go, the band is coming on Just hope I can hear them with my dodgy ears! [/QUOTE]

Well, make sure you get up the front and if needs be, keep your ear pressed firmly on the speaker!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:40 PM

A pub close to us was horrible. Really horrible. Your feet stuck to the floor and you didn't dare sit on the seats to avoid baby puke.

It has been transformed into a gastro pub. With a five star reputation.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top