Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 12:11 AM

Re: Really rough pubs

I was in a pub with my wife many years back when we were still married. All I can remember is that we were killing time until a meeting, I think, so we went for a drink in a nearby bar. What a ghastly place! The clientele were lowlives, the place was filthy and the landlady had a collection of sex toys the regulars had bought her, so she informed us when we noticed them, on a shelf behind the bar.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well it's half time interval for the band now. A tribute act called Absolute Bowie. Very good they are too.
Obviously I'm not at that dingy pub anymore and I didn't have to fight, so that's a relief! Had a few beers and listened to some classic Bowie from the early 70's. Later stuff to come soon.
Tomorrow I'm here again for the same band (incidentally Britain's best Bowie tribute act) when they'll be doing the 80's and beyond.
I'll put some pics from YT on in the morning if poss.
It sounds like fun Floydy. Have fun tomorrow. We want pictures
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh I'm jealous Floydy! Lucky you! Pity you can't record them for us to hear how good they are

But back on topic.... yes, I've been in a couple of grot pubs, but not for social reasons.
Originally Posted by Bratti ->
It sounds like fun Floydy. Have fun tomorrow. We want pictures
I didn't take any pictures, but I found this clip on YT. The likeness of Bowie and even Mick Ronson and the rest of band was amazing.

Unfortunately my ears could hardly hear a thing and I left just after the first half of the concert.
Today I'm even worse and can't even hear my fingers on my desktop keyboard it's so bad. They haven't cleared at all. Suffice to say I'm not going to be able to go to the 80's Bowie concert tonight.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 02:56 PM

I didn't take any pictures, but I found this clip on YT. The likeness of Bowie and even Mick Ronson and the rest of band was amazing.

Unfortunately my ears could hardly hear a thing and I left just after the first half of the concert.
Today I'm even worse and can't even hear my fingers on my desktop keyboard it's so bad. They haven't cleared at all. Suffice to say I'm not going to be able to go to the 80's Bowie concert tonight.
A bit too `effeminate` for Bowie - looked more like a Sweet tribute band
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Not at all, Judd. I think they captured 70's Bowie very well. After all he was very camp in the Ziggy Stardust era of his work.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 03:07 PM

Not at all, Judd. I think they captured 70's Bowie very well. After all he was very camp in the Ziggy Stardust era of his work.

Yes he was, but not drag queen camp. He took on a persona of an androgynous person.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 04:35 PM

Blimey I thought I read Sweetie tribute band

Glad you enjoyed it Floydy.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 06:18 PM

Yes he was, but not drag queen camp. He took on a persona of an androgynous person.

What Judd said.

Floydy, thanks for posting the video! They just don't cut it for me though.

Sorry to hear () you have ear problems and will miss them tonight!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:18 PM

I was in a bar, as we call them here, a very fine place with exposed brick, warm lighting, and a a fun, collegiate clientele.

One night the university's (American) football team came in, and not only were they raucous, slamming down beer, and generally causing a melee, they started piercing each others ears with thumbtacks.

I remember thinking that the place was about to go south if this became a routine, and that if so, no one, including me would want to go back in...

But since I owned the place, I just thew them out .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

19-01-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I was in a bar, as we call them here, a very fine place with exposed brick, warm lighting, and a a fun, collegiate clientele.

One night the university's (American) football team came in, and not only were they raucous, slamming down beer, and generally causing a melee, they started piercing each others ears with thumbtacks.

I remember thinking that the place was about to go south if this became a routine, and that if so, no one, including me would want to go back in...

But since I owned the place, I just thew them out .
Note to self: Don't bugger about with Surfermom.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top