Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 01:44 PM

Re: Why Do They Have Old People Leading The Country?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
True, they do have the experience and are worldly wise. The trouble is that older people can also be out of touch with contemporary life too. They are not too 'streetwise' and you cannot run the country by still hanging on to 1960's ideas.
You need a mix but perhaps there should be a certain age limit for politicians to operate to, say 70? Certainly abolish The Lords.

On the other end of the scale we have too many headstrong and brainwashed students who have read too many books and want to make a name for themselves. They are the more dangerous ones.
You have a good point there I personally believe all political ideals should be represented as long as they are not violent or hate filled. All age groups, and all groups of people. There are so many MPs we should be able to find a place for all types of people and idea.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 02:53 PM

We have had at least one young prime minister, Tony Blair who was in his 40's when he became PM .Not an experience I would wish to repeat .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You have a good point there I personally believe all political ideals should be represented as long as they are not violent or hate filled. All age groups, and all groups of people. There are so many MPs we should be able to find a place for all types of people and idea.
How do you measure that ?
It's well known that good people make lousy leaders.
Look at Jimmy Carter.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:14 PM

Maybe a mix of young and older, keep each other in order..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Call me ageist but l think there are too many old people in charge of this and other countries.

Theresa May, Jeremy Corbyn and even Donald Trump should be put out to pasture and someone younger take their place. Vince Cable out too!

Do you agree or think l’m talking a load of tosh?
I believe Jamelia is free at the moment
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Maybe a mix of young and older, keep each other in order..
I agree with that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Me too there are wise older people out there .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We have had at least one young prime minister, Tony Blair who was in his 40's when he became PM .Not an experience I would wish to repeat .
If only he would get the message.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:29 PM

I agree with you Art

Far too many old people running the gaff

I would go one father and say anybody over 75 no vote they have had their life leave it to the youngsters
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:30 PM

Oh for got

Nobody in the houses of Parliament over 60 thats both houses

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top