Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:02 AM

Assuming they are not still with you...

Do you miss your parents? I miss my Dad and my elder brother much more these days than ever before. My Dad died when I was seven. He was nursed at home by my Mum for three years. I can barely remember him but I really feel I missed out by never really having him in my life. My brother sadly died seven years later. I was fourteen at the time and we were very close. When I picture him in my head I see this twenty one year old young man.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:07 AM

Re: Assuming they are not still with you...

Yes EZ, I miss both my parents, and my Grandad too.

My Grandad would have loved all the birds I used to keep and breed, as he had the same love for the birds as I do.

My Dad died in hospital before we could even get there, which was really sad.

I would also like to be able to see Mum looking healthy and happy again instead of the frail cancer ridden soul she was in the end.

I miss them all.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:12 AM

I left home when I was 15, my father was a drunk and a wife beater, when he died it was no loss, I was abroad when my mother died and unable to get back for the funeral. My younger sister who I barely knew died in her 30’s from an aneurism and my younger brother died from various conditions brought on by alcoholism. To be brutally honest other than my mother I don’t miss them.
I made my own way in life, with very little if any input from them, I had a very successful career and earned the respect of my peers.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 05:59 AM

I don't really miss my parents either. I did return for my old man's funeral (who I never got on with) but not my mother's (who I did).

My one regret is not knowing my younger brother better; we lived very separate lives as teenagers and I left home at 19 to live in Australia but since about 1975 I have only seen him four times - when I visited the UK twice (1998 and 2013) and when he visited here twice in the last couple of years.

I was thinking of going to the UK later this year but as the time nears I find the idea quite daunting - 22 hours flying?? - so it may not happen.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 06:23 AM

I miss my parents very much. I was closer to my dad than I was to my mum though.
This weekend will be eight years since I lost my dad and in March, three since my mother passed away.
I visit their headstones on anniversaries such as the day they died and Father's/Mother's Day and on Christmas Day morning.

I wish I'd spent more time listening to advice my parents tried to give me when I was younger. I'd love to turn back the clock sometimes and wish I had been a nicer person to them when I was a teenager. I was selfish and regret it. But I paid the price.

Overall though, I had some wonderfully happy times with my parents too and I really do miss them so much.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 06:49 AM

I miss them
My Dad has been gone six years now Mum 11.
I was looking at old pictures yesterday when they were both young and happy .Mum was ill most of her life with severe and crippling Ménière's disease ruined her life .

It's Dads birthday tomorrow I will go up to the graveyard .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 08:45 AM

I miss my Dad most, my Mum was always depressed and had a way of making you feel guilty for no reason.
My Dad was the funniest person I've ever known, wonderful sense of humour, hard working ( builder and stonemason) and very resourceful. If he needed to do something, he would find a way to do it.
In his eighties he moved a Wendy House across the garden using poles and a plank of wood (I think he had a hand in building the pyramids). He taught me many things including tolerance of others and how to make use of materials, always recycling stuff to make things.

On his death bed I asked him to take his hammer with him to fix the hole in the ozone layer!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 09:01 AM

I don't miss my dad at all he was a mean spirited egotist who treated mum like a servant and I disliked him intensely, he died of lung cancer 20 years ago. Mum is still with us and is a delightfully active 90 year old who literally blossomed after the death of my father. She has a gentle nature coupled with a wicked sense of humour and she is adored by us all.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 09:08 AM

Yes I miss my Parents especially my Mum who died just two years ago, my Dad died in 1980.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 09:25 AM

I miss my mum so much, she was a very kind hearted , loveng and gentle woman. I never heard her speak badly of anyone. I miss our cuddles and the love we shared. She was comical and made me laugh a lot.

I miss my sister desperately, I feel physical pain with yearning for her. She was my best friend and we had such a closeness and very strong bond that when she died I truly did lose a piece of my heart. I.m not the same person I was when she was alive, when she died the fire in me died too. I.ve never got over her death and I don't think I ever will.

Mum and my sister were both taken suddenly within 3 weeks of each other 4 years ago.

I pray they are together and I will be with them again one day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top