Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 09:52 AM

Re: Assuming they are not still with you...

I don't miss my parents at all in some ways it was a relief when they died, but I do miss my grand parents, my Nan particularly she was the one absolute constant in my life who only ever asked for honesty and for me to be happy. Granddad was great too but I was closer to Nan.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 10:01 AM

I miss my mum ,tears welling as I write this.
She died to young , to young to join overfifties .
My dear mum x
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Oh Ripple .
I am so sorry
You have made me cry too.xx
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 10:39 AM

I don't miss my mother at all, she was a mean minded, selfish and divisive woman.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 10:41 AM

Yes I still miss My Parents especially My Mum who died of breast cancer aged 63,also My Sis who died the same at just 61,She was My best friend too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:39 AM

I miss them badly, My Mum, My Dad and my brother all died of Cancer.
I suppose my clock is ticking.
Oh, this thread has made me tearful.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:43 AM

I had very little personal contact with my lovely mum as i left home at 16 and rarely saw her after that i lived a long way from her. When i learned mum has stomach cancer i booked a train journey that took around 12 hours to see her , i spent 5 days with her , the day i left i kissed her goodbye and have the memory of her standing at the door smiling at me . The journey home was the worst of my life i cried all the way home .

I didnt have a relationship with my dad , he was a bully to us kids and mum , yet when mum got cancer dad cared for her and stayed beside her as she died , because he looked after my darling mum the moment she died all the toxic feelings i felt towards him evaporated away in an instant. Id carried them for 35 years , i was able to forgive in that instant . I was unable to help due to distance.

After i was able to build a better relationship with dad , it was mostly by telephone but i did visit him before he died . I even helped carry his coffin .

All so very sad
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 01:11 PM

I miss my Mum, Dad and two brothers very much, but especially my darling Mum. She was absolutely the heart of the family, and my best friend too. Having six brothers, there was a household of 7 men and us two females, so she was my right arm, my ally.
I know most of us say that our Mum was the best in the world, but mine really was! she was the kindest, gentlest,' if you cant' say anything kind, don't say anything at all' Mum. She would give you the coat off her back and the last penny in her purse, (which she often did).

I well remember when my dad and brothers had their once a month card game, it would start at 7 pm and finish the next morning when the sun came up. Instead of leaving them to it, she would spend the whole night ensuring she looked after them, getting them cups of tea and snacks, close her eyes for a little while in her chair, be woken up by all the friendly ruckus going on and make more tea and snacks. Then, when the card marathon had finally ended, she would cook them all a full breakfast of sausages, bacon, egg, black pudding, fried potatoes and mounds of buttered bread and butter or toast, with yet more tea, before they all went their separate ways.
She was such a loving, caring Mum, and it makes me smile to think how puzzled she would be at women's rights nowadays.

Even now, 33 years later, She was 65 when we lost her, I still miss her very much, but have the consolation that when I picture her, it is always as a forever young looking woman,and always with a permanent, welcoming smile on her face.

She was, and still is, definitely one of the most loved Mums in the world by this family.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 02:31 PM

My Dad, he died before computers became household items. He would have loved the internet & all the things you can do & find on it. He would have had a mobile phone & be texting & surfing the net like a teenager. He adored any new technology.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 04:18 PM

Some happy, some sorrowful, and some interesting replies.
Yes, I was saddened by the deaths of my parents. I suppose this is the usual reaction.

What didn't strike until some months after my father died is that I was then the eldest generation. That was a bit sobering in a way. You can't ask them about family matters,....photographs you come across later.....

I didn't know my grandparents - they passed away before I existed or lived too faraway to visit.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top