Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 04:56 PM

Re: Assuming they are not still with you...

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Some happy, some sorrowful, and some interesting replies.
Yes, I was saddened by the deaths of my parents. I suppose this is the usual reaction.

What didn't strike until some months after my father died is that I was then the eldest generation. That was a bit sobering in a way. You can't ask them about family matters,....photographs you come across later.....

I didn't know my grandparents - they passed away before I existed or lived too faraway to visit.
In my case it was my Mother, she was 93 when she died & outlived my Dad by 14 years. I remember my Grandparents on Dad's side & my maternal Grandma lived with us for many years. Her husband died before I was born & Gran came to live with us soon after. She was always there.
I am now the oldest generation too.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 10:09 PM

No I don't miss them. I can feel them with me.

Taking aside the angst that was around, I cared very much for them and in their own way, they cared for us.

I'm glad my mum's in a better place, she can be herself up there, laugh and have fun - enjoy herself and be free after spending 40+ years being a medicated zombie.

Dad can reflect on how he got it wrong while he's looking down and watching how his two daughters conduct their lives. It will have made him realise it was the other one who did wrong, not the one he accused.
I like to think he's gone back to being my dad who had good principles.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:15 PM

Can't say I miss my Dad as he died when I was 10, but I would really really love to spend just half an hour talking to him. You don't get to know your parent at an early age but I have since discovered a huge amount about his life and had my research confirmed or provided by 100% positive sources - he was French by birth and recruited by MI6. Mentioned in associated sources from NARA. Death in Cameroon in 1964 - suspicious circumstances - French embassy refuses to discuss; British embassy denies knowledge!
Very iffy!
Anyone know of a film company who'd be interested?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:18 PM

Thank you so much for your many and varied replies folks. Some of them really saddening for the loss of loved ones while others for the obvious lack of love, I hope it did'nt upset too many of you by having to go through the trauma of it once again. I didn't mention my dear Mum in my opening post but losing her suddenly was an awful shock also. I used to look in on her a couple of times a week and we all..my wife and three boys.. would visit weekends. This particular day i popped in to find her ill in bed. I phoned the Doc who came right away. He phoned for an ambulance and she was admitted that afternoon. The last thing she said to me was "So this is it then" She passed away that night.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:22 PM

EZ Rider - rest assured her last years were made far better because of you and your family and I envy her that. Having family close by must be such a comfort as you get older and that's something and I and very many others won't have.............and it's a bit scary!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:27 PM

See the fifteen going by,
Tell the Lairds and the Lords
They're running backwards today,
And once again you stand alone.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top