Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:45 PM

Re: Latest telephone scam

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sexy!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not sure if this has already been posted but it doesn't hurt to repeat it.

You might get a telephone call claiming to be from BT. A recorded message in a lovely Jamaican accent, tells you that your internet has been compromised, press 1 to continue.

Don't press 1 or you will be put through to a ''technician'' who will attempt to get into your computer. At the very least, you could be charged a lot of money for the call.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-com-C...1840071/page/2
We have been exactly the same calls, but with an American drawl.

Needless to say, the first time I knew it was definitely a scam, as we're not with BT. You'd think they would get their facts right before doing it, wouldn't you?

Now, whenever the same call comes through, I just put the phone down.

Needless to say, being on the TPS register is absolutely pointless!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Needless to say, being on the TPS register is absolutely pointless!
The TPS worked well when it first started years ago but the telesales companies simply moved abroad which meant they were no longer constrained by the UK TPS legislation. So yes, it's worthless now.

Like I say, BT could stop all these calls but choose not to.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 01:06 AM

I tend to say what the weather like over there if it's a real voice (with and usually foreign accent)

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top