Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
tony58
London, UK
tony58 is male  tony58 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:15 AM

Re: The silliest thing I have heard today!

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
We too have had a Central P.O. close down, which I can’t understand, because it is sort of attached to our Central library! They moved the P.O. to a nearby shop, the whereabouts of which I am uncertain.

So my thinking is, if they have closed the PO what about the library? Do they care? Not a jot. They want to redevelop the shopping mall opposite and grab the land attached, cutting down a line of lime trees, closing the children’s playground, build a monstrosity of a tower block, build another entrance to the Victoria Line, and generally piss off all the residents!!!!
HI Jazzi. That's a good description. I believe the P.O. is in a shop just along from McDonalds in the main road now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It came as quite a shock to hear that it is to be closed and all postal services to be moved into W H Smith!!! Apparently the council want to use the Post Office building and have even begun redeveloping the land behind it already.
Typical.

Everything else in recession and the council wants to expand!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Typical.

Everything else in recession and the council wants to expand!
All councils are free and easy with poll tax payers' money whether it's wasting it on vanity projects or plump pensions and not where it's actually needed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:28 AM

There was a time when Post Office workers had to be specially trained and pass exams - same as or similar to Civil Service. With the ones now installed in Spa shops it seems anyone can do the job!

Hey Ho - happy days!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by tony58 ->
HI Jazzi. That's a good description. I believe the P.O. is in a shop just along from McDonalds in the main road now.
That's a good idea, a "Drive Through Post Office", remember, you heard it here first.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 10:17 AM

They did the same with the post office in Bournemouth some time ago.
Tourists buy cards or have letters to post and there isn't even a post box to be found. They think we are all mad to put up with being pushed around.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
They did the same with the post office in Bournemouth some time ago.
Tourists buy cards or have letters to post and there isn't even a post box to be found. They think we are all mad to put up with being pushed around.
And then they have the cheek to moan that people do not use the postal services enough!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
And then they have the cheek to moan that people do not use the postal services enough!
Perhaps we could sell off the Royal Mail to some foreign company.

After all, we've sold off just about everything else.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps we could sell off the Royal Mail to some foreign company.

After all, we've sold off just about everything else.
Hi

It is already sold JBR, George Osborne sold the last of the Government Shares in 2015.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

25-01-2019, 01:27 PM

Sold to whom, Swimmy?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top