Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:36 PM

Re: Good Morning Friday !

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How are your ears now? Better I hope.
Originally Posted by summer ->
I was woken up at 6am this morning to the phone ringing....I knew that meant there must be a problem ...little one year old grandson Stanley not well and could I look after him...no problem bring him round I said....next thing phone rings again little Stanley is too poorly so his mum is taking the day off work.....gosh I hate it when tiny ones are poorly I'll pop round later to check he is ok
Edited to say just saw your reply Floydy....good luck with the appointment.
Best wishes to your grandson, Summer. Poor things are so innocent at that age they don't know what's happening when they are ill.
Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Morning all.
Floydy glad that your hearing is a bit better.
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Morning all
Today after work I m going to pay my daily visit to my dads then swimming with my best friend.
Floydy, hope they get to bottom of your hearing problem, my son is having problems with his ears too, not nice.
Enjoy your swim, LQ
Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
Floydy I'm glad you got your hearing sorted even if it is just a temporary measure Hearing loss of any sort is just as much a disablement as many other things. I hope there will be a long term solution.
On the subject of my ear problems, I have received a letter from the hospital this morning for an appointment at the end of February. At last we may be getting somewhere!
Thanks all
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Best wishes to your grandson, Summer. Poor things are so innocent at that age they don't know what's happening when they are ill.

Enjoy your swim, LQ

On the subject of my ear problems, I have received a letter from the hospital this morning for an appointment at the end of February. At last we may be getting somewhere!
Thanks all
That is good Floydy.x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That is good Floydy.x
Thanks Sweetie

How's your hubby doing?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 04:11 PM

Thanks Sweetie

How's your hubby doing?
He is fine today thank you.
It was a severe allergy to Blueberries.
I think some of them were bad, he liquidised them without my knowledge.
It has made me wary.

I used to get boils in my ears, that was painful.
Maybe they will give you grommets that will stop a fluid infection.
Keep us posted. X
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-01-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
He is fine today thank you.
It was a severe allergy to Blueberries.
I think some of them were bad, he liquidised them without my knowledge.
It has made me wary.

I used to get boils in my ears, that was painful.
Maybe they will give you grommets that will stop a fluid infection.
Keep us posted. X
A blueberry allergy...I guess people can be averse to all sorts of things until we rule them out. Pleased he's better now

What I need is for my ear canals to be 'widened' and some sort of procedure to remove some skin which is growing over my eardrums, so my GP thinks anyway. At least we're getting somewhere at last with this now
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-01-2019, 04:48 PM

A blueberry allergy...I guess people can be averse to all sorts of things until we rule them out. Pleased he's better now

What I need is for my ear canals to be 'widened' and some sort of procedure to remove some skin which is growing over my eardrums, so my GP thinks anyway. At least we're getting somewhere at last with this now

I am allergic to duck.
Strange eh?

Glad you will be sorted Floydy.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 04:49 PM

Silver Tabby-here is the history of St Dwynwen.
Dwynwen lived during the 5th century.She was the prettiest of King Brychan Brycheinog's daughters.She fell in love with Prince Maelon,but her father had already arranged for her to marry someone else.
Dwynwen was so upset she begged God to make her forget Maelon.Whilst sleeping she was visited by an angel who gave her a potion to forget Maelon and turn him into a block of ice.
Then God gave her 3 wishes-1st wish that Maelon be thawed.2nd that God meet the hopes and dreams of all true lovers.3rd that should never marry.All 3 were granted and as a mark of thanks Dwynwen devoted herself to God's service for the rest of her life.
Sorry it's a bit long winded!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-01-2019, 04:52 PM

Wow rohsyn.
That would make a wonderful thread.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Silver Tabby-here is the history of St Dwynwen.
Dwynwen lived during the 5th century.She was the prettiest of King Brychan Brycheinog's daughters.She fell in love with Prince Maelon,but her father had already arranged for her to marry someone else.
Dwynwen was so upset she begged God to make her forget Maelon.Whilst sleeping she was visited by an angel who gave her a potion to forget Maelon and turn him into a block of ice.
Then God gave her 3 wishes-1st wish that Maelon be thawed.2nd that God meet the hopes and dreams of all true lovers.3rd that should never marry.All 3 were granted and as a mark of thanks Dwynwen devoted herself to God's service for the rest of her life.
Sorry it's a bit long winded!
Thank you - I am ashamed to say I do not know much about Welsh folklore - but am very willing to learn!

Does your name, Rhosyn, have an English tranlation? I ask because it is similar to the Irish Roisin - which translates as Rosaleen.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top