Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:45 AM

Re: Are You ‘Top Drawer’ Or ‘Bottom Drawer’?

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
It's not something one can answer for themselves. I'd prefer to let my past actions speak for me, and how I've treated others.

I would hope for something in the middle of the road.

And, I don't mean a dead possum.
So, Right Now, do you still speak the same as you always did, or does your voice change according to who you speak to?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am more of a shelf and shed person.
Top shelf? Bruce. Is your shed designed like a palace or a mini castle?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-01-2019, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I am nothing Artangel. I long since realised that a key part of life is to realise that we are nothing, we don't matter and we are born into a body with ego which serves initially to help us survive and establish our ground but which ultimately has to die if we are to progress forward.

I don't care particularly what I look like. I am not the least bit vain. I don't have tattoos or anything like that.

I realise that just as we went from being babies to kids, from kids to teenagers, from teenagers to young adults and from young adults to older adults . . . . that life obviously operates in stages and it's up to us to keep with the pace. If we don't we end up in adulthood with teenage behaviours and so on.

Part of my giving up work was the realisation 2-3 years beforehand that there is more to life and I was wasting much of it sitting in an office in front of a computer screen. I wasn't keeping up with the pace of life but slipping behind.
I was on the treadmill which serves only to trap people.

So I broke free. A leap into the unknown. I have never ever been out of work so it was a slightly daunting prospect.

However I never looked back.

When you cease work, you have a most precious gift. . . TIME

You have time to sit and contemplate. To think about who you are, why you are here, where you are going and what you should be doing.

You have time to appreciate Nature around you. Not in a fluffy unicorn way (i.e. that's a lovely flower) but rather you start to look and see how Nature operates and realising that you are also a product of Nature you begin to appreciate how you operate in tune with Nature's processes.

In short I have absolutely no self allusions at all. The path to understanding who and what we are is, imho, hidden until we set aside our selves and realise that we are nothing, just a part of Nature. Once the path is revealed we can begin to explore it.
Oooh, Realist, you were pulling yourself down in that post but then you were being a Realist!
I would imagine you to be ‘a man of substance’!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-01-2019, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
No-one is looking in my drawers.
Seriously, Art, we are all equal. x
Sweetie, Of course we are all equal but many don’t think they are and feel they are ‘a cut above the rest’!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-01-2019, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am definitely bottom draw I am only small and can't reach the top one
Who writes your jokes? Meg....... Morecambe and Wise?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am definitely bottom draw I am only small and can't reach the top one
You can still open the bottom one, get in it and thus reach the top one!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:57 AM

I think I'm just a good old cardboard box.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Top shelf? Bruce. Is your shed designed like a palace or a mini castle?
The shed used to be my castle with welding and tools to hand but these days it is merely a sad reflection of its previous glory. I even store my car in there these days, the tools do get a work out occasionally but not that often.

Sad but true.

My house is 95% wooden (with a dash of fibro) so more of a shack by pommie standards - a four bedroom shack but a shack none the less. Though looking very smart at the moment because my son and DIL painted the outside (that is the problem with wood, everything has to be painted)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-01-2019, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think I'm just a good old cardboard box.

Mags, You sound board now! (bored)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mags, You sound board now! (bored)
Doh!!!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top