Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 09:47 PM

internet connections

My internet connections have kept dropping out and I just could not understand why. Not only on the desk computer but also on the Zenpad I use as well.

Tried everything I could think of, never had this problem until recently. Suddenly the Asus Zenpad10 picked up a sigal from what is called a local hotspot.

All I can think is one signal is overriding my router signal.. So manage to delete the hotspot one the Zenpad and that seemed to fix the problem, just got to see if I can locate and delete it on the desktop now.
Checked and it lookes like there are two new possible internet connections providers in the drop down list now
Found and turned of hotspots connections on the desktop.
Just have to see if I get disconnected from now on
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 01:10 AM

Re: internet connections

So far so good, fingers cross the problem is sorted.
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 05:19 AM

That can be very annoying. My internet connection was slipping in and out constantly. I checked everything on my end and everything was working properly. I called the cable/internet provider and they sent a guy here, and he found issues with the cable (running from the road to the house) and the router. After replacing the cable and the router, everything works fine now.

I hope your connection problems are solved.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 07:45 AM

These "Hotspots", was Michael Barrymore in the vicinity?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
These "Hotspots", was Michael Barrymore in the vicinity?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top