Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2014, 11:48 PM

Re: Been caught speeding

37 MPH. 37 years driving, is that ironic?.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 12:33 AM

Sure is!!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Well today I attend my Driving Awareness Course.

It was very informal and interesting. It was really a refresher of the Highway Code as to speed awareness. It mostly covered driving speeds and the consequences of going too fast.

It was 4 hours long with 2 breaks which they provided tea or coffee.

Doing this prevented points on my licence and any increase in my insurance.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2014, 09:30 PM

Glad you got through it ok. Now, behave!
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2014, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
In 1960 I passed my motorcycle test in, in those days I used to do over 100mph on the M1, and of course it wasn't long before I got a car licence, I think once you have been driving a M/cycle the car test is easier to pass.
I think everyone should drive a M/cycle for a week or more to make them more aware of M/cycles when driving a car, perhaps more M/cyclists wouldn't get hurt.
I am 75 and still have a clean licence, which I am quite proud of.
First you have to teach bikers that the rules of the road apply as much to them as it does to car/van/lorry drivers.
To me, it seems as if there are 6 riders who ride carelessly for every one that rides sensibly.
Some cyclists could do with being educated the same way also.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 04:40 PM

I've been given a ticket in the past for speeding but was just given a warning as I was coming from a county road (80kmh) to a town (60kmh).

Another time was back when we lived in the big smoke & a police car was hiding right behind where I rolled a stop sign (that means not coming to a complete stop before continuing). Then when he asked to see my insurance, guess what? I had none. I stupidly believed the insurance company at the time
that I could drive until my slips came in the mail (we had just gotten the car).

Well I had 6 demerit points taken off plus a fine. Not a happy camper that day, believe me! I also never reported it to my insurance company.

I've earned my points back 8 yrs ago because this took place over a decade ago.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 05:27 PM

In 41 years of driving I have collected 3 speeding tickets the last was about 9 years ago so i am all clean now ....none off them were for deliberate speeding or being mad but just a bit lax ...going down a steep hill and just picked up speed and got caught at the bottom doing 42mph , another time came in from a 60 zone to a thirty on my M/C instead of slowing down quickly i coasted and got caught doing 40 and the third i anticipated the change from 30 to 40 to early and was doing 40 100yds before the zone started... However my sister got stung rather unfairly...8 months pregnant needed the LOO urgent 1 ml from home got stopped at 11pm empty road doing 4mph over the limit, Fined and points , and a wet seat ...totally unfair....

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top