Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 05:34 PM

How Ironic

Before I started work last week I had only had 1 interview invitation in the last 4 months ...Eve been back at work just over a week , and I have had to phone calls wanting me to go to interviews....one was for a warehouse Job less money than i on now ...and the other for a engineers job ..more money but the the same job that I got rejected for last year , cos i was to old .....besides I am happy where I am...as when I get home I can forget the day ...and relax.....something you cant do as a service engineer....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 06:24 PM

Re: How Ironic

You know what they say Steve , when you have a job it is easy to get one .

It sounds a though you are happy with yours
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 06:28 PM

The thing is Steve it may have ended in another rejection.
So pleased you are settled now
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 06:46 PM

It's like waiting for a bus Steve then 3 come along at once.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 06:47 PM

That's hubby's saying too Meg

Glad to hear you like the job Steve, and it's very nerve racking starting a new job, especially after a long time.
Mountain Lady
California
Mountain Lady is female  Mountain Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 07:07 PM

Congrats on finding the new job that you're happy with. Doesn't it always seem to be that way, when after you've found something there are all sorts of other possibilities? It's like when people try for years to have children, then adopt, and a month later find out they're pregnant.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 07:49 PM

Thanks all , I really could have screamed ..my mobile went when I was having a chat with the MD lol...so far they have virtually given me a free hand they have said what they want and more or less have left it to me to make it work .....and I have as yet only scratched the surface....
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

16-04-2014, 11:14 PM

i could really scream...i have had another 3 enquiries for my services with other companies in the last 3 days ...one was indeed tempting ..£10k a year more the chance to get back into servicing ...but i turned it down after all a bird in the hand ....i have a job and i am earning and happy ...perhaps another time ..but for now i am staying put.....i just need to rebuild everything after the last 3 years ..
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 11:19 PM

At least these other job offers will go a long way to restore your self esteem after all the knockbacks you have had . Well done for turning them down - you must feel a little bit smug to be able to tell them that you already have work.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top