Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 06:37 PM

Re: Your Favourite Toy As A Kid

Damn! It says I need Adobe Flash to view it!
I'll try & see it on computer within the next 2 days.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 03:32 PM

I do not know about favourite but here is a story about an adventure I apparently had with a toy when I was young.

At the time we lived with my grandparents in a small village in the Rhymney valley, and our house was one of the last before the main road up the valley (just to sort of set the scene). I had been given a pressed metal 'mobo' horse, which was designed for the child to sit in the saddle and by pressing down on the 'stirrups' the horse would walk. Right, so I was outside my grandparents house on this horse and for some reason was left unsupervised for a while, when I apparently disappeared!!

Some time later I was delivered back to my grandparents house by a local doctor (one of the few people at that time in that place who owned a car) who had come across me some distance up the valley road, crying my eyes out. It seems that every time I tried to dismount I, of course, pressed down on one of the stirrups, thus making the horse take another step. Needless to say the horse was given away as I screamed blue murder if anyone tried to lift me onto it after my 'adventure'.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 03:59 PM

We had shared games like Snakes and Ladders or Monopoly, we played cricket or tennis and went swimming oh I loved hop scotch.

Was not into dolls I remember an aunty buying me a doll when I was little and I remember looking at her like she was daft (I was an ungrateful child)

Give me running and jumping and I was fine.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 04:01 PM

Loved hopscotch too, oh and Rounders, fab !
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 04:05 PM

Ooh forgot rounders, anything that involved running.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Ooh forgot rounders, anything that involved running.
Same here ! Loved running

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top