Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 08:40 PM

Inconsiderate store staff? Inconsiderate customers more like!

I have said before that my son works for a well known high street electrical retailer, and have frequently, here and elsewhere defended the company he works for but today's experience takes the biscuit.

Having been on the shop floor since 9.30 am he was just about to close the store at 8pm when a couple walked in at 7.59 wanting to purchase a 'range' cooker. Now these have been on offer for a reduction of £400 for several weeks. Plenty of time one would think to go in, have a gander, compare etc. But no, they come in at one minute before closing on the final day of the offer! they have no idea of exactly what they want. So my son has just phoned to say he is just closing the store at almost 8.30. Now how many other places would keep open half an hour past closing for a pair of muppets who had left it to the last possible minute?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 08:44 PM

Re: Inconsiderate store staff? Inconsiderate customers more like!

Ridiculous! I would feel really bad if I did that, in fact I wouldn't do it. Some people have no consideration for others, I hope they bought one!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 09:07 PM

Fools ! I hope they bought at least one too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 10:17 PM

Yep, we get customers at the allotment trading shed who do the same thing. Usually after we've cashed up and hidden the money! Like the woman who returned the lawnmower at 2, even though I asked her to return it before, then wanted some potatoes, but only had 30p in her pocket, they came to about 40p and she wanted me to accept the 30p, so I took some out till it came to 29p. Normally I would let it be, but our times are known as 11 - 2, and we are volunteers, giving up our weekends.

Some people just want to take the piss. Had I been in your son's position I'd have politely shown them the door, stating the shop's hours.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 10:36 PM

In answer to Julie and Cranberry, yes they bought one, in fact the bought not only a top of the range 'range' cooker, they also bought a smaller cooker to. No idea why they wanted two but there you go.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 10:39 PM

some stores are desperate for sales, many are going out of business, we see empty stores everywhere so I'm sure they appreciated a customer to the very end of the day
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 10:47 PM

Although I personally wouldn't go to purchase anything like that at the eleventh hour...strictly speaking while the store is open for business it's open for business...stores can lock the door at the allotted time, but they are obliged to serve those customers already inside.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 07:42 AM

We used to have a sign in the office. It simply read:
"Customers make paydays possible".

I've walked out of plenty of shops where I felt the level of service was inadequate. If they don't want my money, I'm sure someone else will.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 07:47 AM

Yes, all true, but I still think someone entering a store at one minute to closing is taking the piss!
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 09:24 AM

So what happened to the mantra "the customer is always right" ? Are shops for the sole benefit of the shopkeeper?

When people who make last minute expensive purchases are now "muppets", the financial crisis of the past few years must be well and truly over.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top