Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 05:46 PM

Re: Some people !

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Poverty does exist and we know that.
Debt - is another matter, people put themselves through that situation out of stupidity and greed in most cases, not all, some are just not good at handling their finances.
Maybe 'poverty' today is not handling the money they have very well, or just not having enough. Years ago - poverty was not having enough, for sure.......
My thoughts too Patsy and that to me seems to be the basis for these inflated benefits claims in many ways; people do not seem capable of handling their finances these days.

Why that is could simply be education but I'm not blaming teachers, I'm blaming the system.

I was at school in the 50s and 60s and I still remember the system quite well.

Favouritism abounded in my Secondary-Modern School in North London; so much so that I rebelled against it yet only the Music Teacher seemed to understand why!

The outspoken, confident pupils drew all the attention and consequently, all the resources whilst the shy, insecure pupils seemed to get nothing but scorn or, even worse, ridicule.

Years later I realised that it wasn't anyone's fault at the school; just the system.

This situation was never really rectified apart from some "anti-elitist" left wing ideology that soon died a death, well, it did n London at least!

But, damage done by then and thousands of us came out of school, breathed a huge, collective sigh of relief but then thought "what the f*** do I do with what education I've got?"

These days that spirit, gumption, whatever has gone and it's "what can I get out of the state?" and they get away with it, believing that it's their right, usually because now they are at least 2nd generation claimants!

Sorry - waffling on a bit here........stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 06:05 PM

Yep - said the same on another thread, the next generation grows up in this culture and so it goes on and on ......
It needs to change because these benefits will not be available in the future, to the 'extent' they have been .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 06:14 PM

I know what you mean Steve. the longer the claiming goes on into generation after generation the tougher it's going to be to do anything about it, of course I don't know the answer to this but a massive drive to create jobs and wean people off benefits seems to be the only thing to do, funny how they can find billions for a war at the drop of a hat and can't back up their our people at home when they need the dignity of a decent job.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 06:27 PM

Spot on Jem - God, they're a thick lot in Parliament ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Spot on Jem - God, they're a thick lot in Parliament ......
The same over here Patsy, they don't give a damn about the people. Our laws are more or less the same as yours. Talking about laws, the judges in the courts still wear those stupid wigs with the ringlets and the black gowns, makes some of them look like Dracula with a hairpiece, wouldn't you think in this day and age they would do away with all that nonsense in the courtroom, do they realise how silly they look, no wonder they say the law is an ass, they make ass's out of themselves, I always get a good laugh when I pass the Four Courts here.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-04-2014, 07:07 PM

Jem, again spot on ......
You did make me laugh 'cos I'm always moaning when I see these ejits - how can a criminal take them seriously, if I were in the dock I'd be ing at them for sure, for the look of them and their 'toffish' manner

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top