Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 07:31 PM

Ever used a dating forum, or gone on a blind date??

I have never used a dating forum..however..one of my friends set me up on a blind date..

I spoke to the said man on the phone and he sounded nice..He was Italian..

He met me at Kings Cross..flowers in hand...

So as we were walking to a music evening in a pub..I noticed he was checking himself out in any available reflection...

When we got to the pub..he was checking out anything female with a pulse..

Towards the end of the evening..I said I must get back to the station as the last train was 10.30..

Obviously this wasn't part of his plan..he said ''no..come and stay at my house!''

He accompanied me to the station..whilst we were waiting he started snivelling..''I don't want you to go'' he said..Yes I am sure he didn't..

The train was 15 mins away..his snivelling turned into loud sobs..of the waah waah variety..

I have never been so glad to see a train in my life..I would have jumped a freight train to get away from him..
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 08:07 PM

Re: Ever used a dating forum, or gone on a blind date??

No and No.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
No and No.
What?..Never pats?..not even a blind date?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
What?..Never pats?..not even a blind date?
No never...I was always asked out, never been on a blind one.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 08:36 PM

Oh No ! I would have been (and still would be) too scared
lilac
West yorks uk

24-04-2014, 08:43 PM

Hey myrtle..I was scared..nothing ventured nothing gained...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 08:48 PM

Can you set me up then ? As long as he has pulse ...
lilac
West yorks uk

24-04-2014, 08:59 PM

Lol..I have had a few creepy guys on other forums..

Actually I had a really bad experience on a forum..There was this guy called ''Don''..a moderator..we shared the same taste in music..and humour..

After about 3 weeks..he announced that he had told his wife about us!!!

I gently pointed out that there wasn't any us..he hacked into my partners computer, saying he hoped his next stroke killed him..

He then blamed me for destroying his marriage..it turned out he was an American cop..

He then said he was coming over...change of underwear time..He said he had traced my IP address and knew exactly where I lived...convincing me with an aerial photo of my house..

Be careful what you wish for..
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 09:01 PM

I went on a blind date when I was about 18, it was awful, we went to a pub and all of his friends were there waiting, I was mortified, he wasn't my type at all, I wasn't physically attracted to him, in fact I'd have to say imo he was ugly!
I left early, dashed for the bus, heaved a sigh of relief and decided, never again!
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Lol..I have had a few creepy guys on other forums..

Actually I had a really bad experience on a forum..There was this guy called ''Don''..a moderator..we shared the same taste in music..and humour..

After about 3 weeks..he announced that he had told his wife about us!!!

I gently pointed out that there wasn't any us..he hacked into my partners computer, saying he hoped his next stroke killed him..

He then blamed me for destroying his marriage..it turned out he was an American cop..

He then said he was coming over...change of underwear time..He said he had traced my IP address and knew exactly where I lived...convincing me with an aerial photo of my house..

Be careful what you wish for..
that is very unsettling .............as you said be careful what you wish for...........and no blind dates for me either, much prefer introductions.............H

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top