Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 05:21 PM

Re: Save Money when you have a Smart Meter

our meters (gas and electric) apparently are very old maybe when house was built in the mid 1980's. The meter reader guys are surprised and recon maybe we are on the winning side of what they read to what we actually use.
So no way do we want them changed, oh and they have not been tampered with either. Like us old and slow
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I still don't want one and will not be bullied into having one - ever!
I am afraid we are all going to be bullied into having one shortly .
According to an item on the radio, lower tariffs are to be introduced for those with smart meters that mean those of us don't have a smart meter could end up paying £200 a year .

I am still going to hang on to the bitter end with my old meter.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 09:07 PM

Meg
if you go to "The Bitter End" you will have a great time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTOvqk1gM3Y
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Meg
if you go to "The Bitter End" you will have a great time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTOvqk1gM3Y
haha
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am afraid we are all going to be bullied into having one shortly .
According to an item on the radio, lower tariffs are to be introduced for those with smart meters that mean those of us don't have a smart meter could end up paying £200 a year .

I warned about this over a year ago on other smart meter related threads.

Continue to hold out imo. You WILL win in the end.

The fools taking smart meters will see their bills double or triple in due course. Not immediately of course because they still have a very long way to go to get people to take the meters. Once they have enough people hooked up they will then introduce the awful VARIABLE RATE BILLING which will see people's bills skyrocket as their usage in the evening is subjected to higher tariff charges.

All they can do to dissenters is put them on some kind of "non smart meter tariff" which of course will be expensive.
But it won't be as expensive as those WITH smart meters when the axe finally falls.

If your energy supplier tries forcing you to take a smart meter remind them that the government has very clearly stated that THEY ARE NOT COMPULSORY.

If they threaten to put you on a stupidly high tariff for refusing one, then walk away. Show them the customer rules not them.

Go to any of a number of other suppliers who are still happy for you to use old meters.

Use less energy to punish them.

Install solar panels etc

Fight hard because these sh*tbags are doing this to gain £billions more in profits from unsuspecting naïve members of the public.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Fight hard because these sh*tbags are doing this to gain £billions more in profits from unsuspecting naïve members of the public.
Got solid evidence of that?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 08:13 PM

I’m with Meg in wanting to hold to the bitter end. I just hope the vendor of my new house hasn’t changed over to one. You should see the old meters in this rental house!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
– Snip –

Go to any of a number of other suppliers who are still happy for you to use old meters.

– Snip –
I had this on file from a while ago, it might be of use for anyone wishing to change to a supplier not requiring a Smart meter to be fitted:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...Psdx2AJd3tf0eY
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 07:50 AM

No Smart Metres here, not in my Back Yard.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No Smart Metres here, not in my Back Yard.
That's about the measure of it I guess. Give some an inch and they will take a yard!

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top