Join for free
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:36 PM

Re: Casual racism

Perhaps this will help decide on what a continent is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBcq1x7P34

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Perhaps this will help decide on what a continent is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBcq1x7P34

Very interesting. Several ways of defining a 'continent'.

From that video, there is indisputable evidence that what we now call Asia and Europe is, in fact, a land mass contained by the Eurasian tectonic plate.

Apart from Europe and Asia, all continents are based on tectonic plates.

Nevertheless, Joe maintains that there is a definite tectonic boundary along the Ural chain that defines the continents of Europe and Asia.

I have spent enough of my valuable time in trying to provide evidence that he is talking out of his fundament and I know for a fact that he will never admit to his being wrong. It's something he just can't bring himself to do!

So I'll leave it there.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
So if we're European ... how come you have a British Head of State?
You do talk a load of dross, like only Aussies seem prone to do.

You're forever mixing up your political boundaries with your geographical boundaries. Don't they sell many atlases in Oz?
Clearly once spotting a small island there is an overriding compulsion to pin it somewhere .. like pinning the tail on the donkey.

Out of curiosity ...
London is the capital of England, Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland (a country in it's own right) ..
Canberra is the capital of Oz.

Where is the capital city of Europe?
I'm dying to know where my capital is, if it isn't London.

You'll tell me next that Japan (another island) is really part of Korea or China.

Ha ha... Obviously this is not your strong strong suit so probably better not to confuse you..

However, while it might be a hard concept for you to grasp you can be a Londoner, English, British and European all at the same time. Astounding eh?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 09:02 PM

I'm not confused thanks ... I reserve that honour and mental faculty failing to you.

I'm English. I am, by dint of association both geographical and political, also British. I have a Head of State ...

the same as yours.. Astounding hey! A British Queen as your Head of State.
So in future, irrespective of your geographical position I'll think of you as a sort of lingering and malingering Brit by proxy, therefore you too can claim to be European.

Makes sense actually the more I think about it.
Aussies don't have a culture of their own. No distinctive national attribute. Never developed one ... unless I imagine a rather surreal indigenous Aborigine throwing another shrimp on the barbie.

Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top