Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:34 PM

Re: How long do you keep clothes for?

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Are you forever doing a washing or are your clothes all fresh?
I have a family to wash for Dreamy. The washing machine is on twice a day. The clothes in storage are packed in Airtight bags. I often throw stuff out when I unpack them. Well, not throw out, I give to the charity shops.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:35 PM

I probably have over a hundred t-shirts and because most of them are with a music design on them (tour t-shirts etc) I keep them. The ones I've had years are in boxes, but sometimes I dig them out and start wearing them again. The problem is I outgrow them all so fast and tend to renew general t-shirts each year. Long sleeve shirts I cannot wear as they are not comfortable on my arms. If an occasion is called for where I must wear one I do but otherwise I'd rather wear a short sleeved one.

Winter coats I keep for longer until I get bored of wearing them. Same with shoes.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
Ffosse....try Cotton Traders excellent for quality and price I get all my sweaters,shirts and jeans from them.
My favourite clothes came from Cotton Traders, two shawl collar fleeces and two pairs of jumbo cords, they are about ten years old now and getting shabby but so comfy, I wish they still sold them!
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

16-09-2018, 04:13 PM

I don't buy many clothes but as a rule if I haven't worn anything for a year the charity shop gets it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:17 PM

How long do I keep my clothes for?

Simple. It depends on whether I still like 'em or not.

I never go anywhere posh, so most of my clothes are ordinary, everyday clothes.
Tshirts don't really go out of fashion do they. I have never been interested in fashion anyway.

Anything I don't want goes to the Sally Army usually.

Having said that I did find at the bottom of my wardrobe an old pair of 'doggy trousers' I bought probably over 30 years ago when I used to do a lot of dog training - and they still fitted me. Sadly, I'm going to finally chuck 'em though, as I've just put a big hole in the knee and they are not worth repairing.

I have a cygnet ring I remember my Dad giving me for my 14th birthday, and that still fits the same finger I used to wear it on too.

If shoes are comfortable, I usually keep them until they wear out.

I'm very cheap to run!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:42 PM

I keep my clothes until they fall to piece than I cut off buttons and zips and use and suitable old garments as cleaning cloths
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 07:23 PM

I keep my old clothes for ’comfies’ to wear around the house so it doesn’t matter how long they last for.
I love my comfies! As soon as l get in, l take my best clothes off and put my comfies or scruffs as l call them on!
Bliss!!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 08:03 PM

A friend was house/bet bound with multi sclerosis ,but insisted on keeping all her clothes up in the loft,Sadly she passed away recently,so will never wear her clothes any more
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 08:28 PM

I've got tons of clothes, my wardrobe is full to bursting yet when I go to choose something I can't find anything that I fancy wearing.

I get bored very quickly with clothes and I am always buying new ones and every now and then I'll have a clearout. I need to have a clearout now actually because I've just come back from holiday and I always have brand new clothes for my holidays, I spend a small fortune when we are going away but I don't feel guilty, we work hard all year so I think its ok to treat ourselves and have nice things to wear.

Sometimes when I'm having a clearout I do find it hard to throw them away thinking I'll wear them again but I never do, I am getting better at clearing out though.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've got jeans and t-shirts that are a few years old now but have been rarely worn so I'm keeping them. Some things that used to fit no longer do as my weight has gone up due to inactivity. But I've lost weight before so will keep them.

Do you have any new clothes that you've never worn? If so, why not?

I've got 2 Ralph Lauren jumpers that I bought 2 years ago but have never worn; I'm going to make a point of wearing them this year and hope they last well.

I bought a cashmere jumper a couple of years ago and it developed holes in the back of it before it was even washed, £85 down the drain. I could do with one new jumper this year and have decided I want one in bottle green as it's a nice colour. Can't decide where to go, Debenhams, M & S or TkMaxx or maybe John Lewis. Getting good news about my cancer has spurred me into making more of an effort with my health and appearance.
Moths love natural fibres they probaby ate your cashmere jumper.
Put conkers in the drawer next time moths don't like them

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top