Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:08 PM

Are You Comfortable Speaking To A Public Audience?

I can talk to anyone. I can go somewhere on my own, parties, meetings etc and speak to people that l have never met before. It doesn’t phase me.

Yet, put me on a stage or in front of an audience and l would die on the spot!
I envy my brother who can speak effortlessly to an audience and at conferences.

What about you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:09 PM

Re: Are You Comfortable Speaking To A Public Audience?

If I understand what I am talking about then I wouldn't have a problem. Same with playing on stage. It never crossed my mind to be nervous.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

16-09-2018, 05:11 PM

I have no probs in meeting new people, going places on my own or, having done it in the past doing a talk.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I can talk to anyone. I can go somewhere on my own, parties, meetings etc and speak to people that l have never met before. It doesn’t phase me.

Yet, put me on a stage or in front of an audience and l would die on the spot!
I envy my brother who can speak effortlessly to an audience and at conferences.

What about you?
I've had to do it. Training courses, conferences etc. Part of the job. Not my favourite activity.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:17 PM

I have done quite a lot of public speaking over the years, I am gratified to say my talks appear to have gone down with my audiences.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:22 PM

No i dont like being on stage, ive been asked to do talks about my natural history encounters but refused, im shy by nature though have no problem talking to folks when i meet them in the field.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:55 PM

Oh dear, not any more Art! Years ago I gained plenty of confidence after working side by side with Officers in the WRAF .After that it was a doddle mingling in the boardrooms with Gov't backed Arms Dealers, Embassy Attache's, Chairmen of Petroleum companies, Security Companies that dealt with top names,even the top brass of the French Foreign Legion once! Never bothered me at all if I had to read back minutes of meetings with a table full of executives.

Funny what age does to you though. One certainly loses their confidence, I know I have! Now I am one who usually prefers to stay quiet when out unless spoken to, and letting HWMO do all the talking!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oh dear, not any more Art! Years ago I gained plenty of confidence after working side by side with Officers in the WRAF .After that it was a doddle mingling in the boardrooms with Gov't backed Arms Dealers, Embassy Attache's, Chairmen of Petroleum companies, Security Companies that dealt with top names,even the top brass of the French Foreign Legion once! Never bothered me at all if I had to read back minutes of meetings with a table full of executives.

Funny what age does to you though. One certainly loses their confidence, I know I have! Now I am one who usually prefers to stay quiet when out unless spoken to, and letting HWMO do all the talking!
SG, Stop it! You’ll give me a complex!

I would say, age hasn’t affected you at all. Look at the stuff you write on here. It is all captivating, profound stuff that captures an audience!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 06:22 PM

I used to do this when I was in AA, sometimes speaking to 50 people or chairing a meeting.

I wouldn't do it again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I used to do this when I was in AA, sometimes speaking to 50 people or chairing a meeting.

I wouldn't do it again.
Ffosse, At least you did it! l admire you for that.
I would have been stuttering, tongue tied and probably frozen to the spot!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top