Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 07:57 PM

Re: Are You Comfortable Speaking To A Public Audience?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yet, put me on a stage or in front of an audience and l would die on the spot!
Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I'm exactly like you Art, I can talk to anyone, strangers, but I could not stand up on stage and talk to an Audience.
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Susie, lf we were on a stage together, l wonder which one of us would faint first!
Me too!
I'm bold as brass informally, but public speaking is a demon I've never conquered.
We could do a threesome faint, it would bring the house down!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:03 PM

Public speaking is not that hard, really. The trick is to include a few jokes, anecdotes or self deprecating humour and the audience is soon with you.

You have to make sure not to bore people.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:04 PM

Not on your Nelly, I'm far too nervous a type of person to do public speaking, I wouldn't be able to get my words out and I'd feel sick and anxious. I'm good at talking amongst my friends though, they can't shut me, poor buggers.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Not on your Nelly, I'm far too nervous a type of person to do public speaking, I wouldn't be able to get my words out and I'd feel sick and anxious. I'm good at talking amongst my friends though, they can't shut me, poor buggers.

You're pretty much same as me then LQ.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You're pretty much same as me then LQ.
we are twins me and thee Not on your nelly either then LOL. Hmm, come to thing of it, who is Nelly?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 07:32 AM

Public speaking doesn't phase me at all. Standing up on a stage or platform in front of several hundred others is not as daunting as standing up in court and representing others (clients).
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 07:51 AM

I've spoken at conferences done presentations and sales pitches to small and large groups I'm ok with that...its not personal. I get very nervous though if it's about me...interviews and the like...I'm not so good at that.

My husband is a brilliant public speaker...he doesn't seem to get nerves at all...and he is good at deflecting critism or negative comments.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 11:37 AM

I was encouraged to speak in public as a child. It is a good job shyness has never been a problem for me, my parents would not have tolerated it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I was encouraged to speak in public as a child. It is a good job shyness has never been a problem for me, my parents would not have tolerated it.
A shy child needs gentle encouragement.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
A shy child needs gentle encouragement.
Or a thrashing! Fortunately my siblings and I were not shy children.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top