Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 06:26 PM

Do you & your OH eat the same things?

If not, what dishes are different and what are they?

My man is from eastern Canada so there are quite a few things he eats that I don’t. Shrimp, crab, & general seafood type of stuff is one area where we are different

Fried Dough Boys

This is a dish from out east. Newfoundland , New Brunswick areas.
My husband makes these himself.

It’s fried dough bread and it’s served on a plate with molasses ( treacle) to be dipped into tea.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 06:41 PM

Re: Do you & your OH eat the same things?

No, when it is in Sue's mouth it isn't going into mine. we eat similar things but not the same one.

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 06:46 PM

My husband likes his main meal, a daily salad, set out on a plate with a baked potato. I dislike baked potatoes so put mine between a couple of slices of brown bread.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 07:14 PM

I will be honest, I cook four different meals sometimes. I said I never would, my Mother did, I have turned into my Mother!!!!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 07:18 PM

To be honest, I said I wouldn’t and I don’t
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 08:05 PM

Grits.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 08:19 PM

Bratti, all my husbands and I ate the exact same thing. I am easy to please as I like almost anything. I know they are probably fattening, but I could eat the bread and molasses you have posted above. One of my husbands was from the East Coast, and we had mashed potatoes with Molasses on it. Oh, so delicious. We were all big fish eating people also....

I think we ate just about everything.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

17-09-2018, 08:31 PM

I’m half kidding about that I never cook two different meals.
There are plenty of times I’ve cooked two different things. For one, I’m celiac and he’s not so I can’t eat anything with gluten and he generally doesn’t want gluten free products. He doesn’t like very spicy things and I do so chicken curry is all mine. It took him 15 years to like homemade spaghetti and he wouldn’t ever consider eating an avocado. Most things I make he likes though but there are some things he won’t touch.
Some stuff I don’t eat like moose sausages. Ewww
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 08:36 PM

We're completely different. The wife is a vegan, and I like my meat.
We never eat the same things - ever!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 08:42 PM

The only thing I can think of is sausages. I love them, all kinds, she on the other hand, dislikes them. When we have a cooked breakfast, served to us, she gives me her bangers, so it's a win win for me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top