Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 01:54 PM

Dream Job

Having been so inspired by Carol's home decorating thread I do sometimes wonder if I should have tried to make it as an Interior Designer
Making up mood boards, sketching the ideas and helping to choose patterns and textures ...it really excites me
I worked as a Photographer's Assistsnt for a while after Uni
My favourite part of that was "dressing" the room sets and he trusted me with it too.
I also worked as a Ceramic Painter and later a Ceramic Modeller. Both were satisfying but I felt limited creatively. However I chose teaching as a career in the end because it fitted well around family life. I enjoy it but it doesn't get me going like I know Interior design would have done.

Did you end up doing your dream job or did you compromise like me?
What was the job you always wanted?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Re: Dream Job

I always wanted to be a chicken sexer, but I couldn’t handle the tweezers......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 03:45 PM

I applied to be an air hostess but was told l was too small at 5’.2”. Boo Hoo...
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 03:48 PM

Rhian, it's not too late!

Why not have a go at starting out small?

Maybe offer to do a friend's room for free (just ask for expenses), then you can photograph before and after and use those to offer your services, very cheaply to start with, to build up a satisfied clientèle.

The beauty of that is that you can do as much or as little work as you want to.

You don't have to rush things; just take it slowly while you build up your confidence, contacts and experience.

I've had two very different careers in my life, and the second one I started at 40 when I had young children.

You've absolutely nothing to lose!

Go for it!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 03:59 PM

I wanted to be a millionaire playboy, but damn those jobs get a lot of applicants and go quickly........
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Rhian, it's not too late!

Why not have a go at starting out small?

Maybe offer to do a friend's room for free (just ask for expenses), then you can photograph before and after and use those to offer your services, very cheaply to start with, to build up a satisfied clientèle.

The beauty of that is that you can do as much or as little work as you want to.

You don't have to rush things; just take it slowly while you build up your confidence, contacts and experience.

I've had two very different careers in my life, and the second one I started at 40 when I had young children.

You've absolutely nothing to lose!

Go for it!
Do you know what Pyxell
I might just try it!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Do you know what Pyxell
I might just try it!
Yay! You do that!

You could start a thread about Rhian's Progress!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Do you know what Pyxell
I might just try it!
Go for it!
Wish you every success!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 05:45 PM

Hi

One of Ex Staff, very good at her job, was a victim of Theresa May's Cuts.

She started up an interior design company, a play on words.

Green with Envy.

She is now, a few years later, earning 4 times as much.

It can be done, go for it.

May is now desperately needing people back.

She can get stuffed, the Tories pay Consultants far more, so everyone is working as a Consultant.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 06:44 PM

First 2 jobs not worth a mention

Next
Not so much of a dream job but one of necessity to provide for the family. I hated working for BT in the last few years when it went private. The kennels provided a good income but the hours were long.

As for a dream job??? now I have immersed myself in photography, that would come very close to it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top