Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:32 PM

London Marathon

Phew it was quite cold and very tiring today. I got up early, had a light breakfast and I was ready for the start at Greenwich. After about an hour I needed a drink and I managed to get to just before the 15 mile mark before I needed a loo break. But after about 4 hours I started to feel really tired so I turned the telly off and went out for a walk.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Re: London Marathon

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Phew it was quite cold and very tiring today. I got up early, had a light breakfast and I was ready for the start at Greenwich. After about an hour I needed a drink and I managed to get to just before the 15 mile mark before I needed a loo break. But after about 4 hours I started to feel really tired so I turned the telly off and went out for a walk.
You nearly had me fooled there, d00d

I watched it, I thought Mo looked very tired at the end...
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:44 PM

Oh boy, you had me fooled too!

I was just about to post you some congratulations!

You wily coyote, you!

Gave me a laugh, anyway! Nice one!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:46 PM

Love your humour dood
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:53 PM

My daughter ran today in the London Marathon and l saw her on the television. I couldn’t believe it, with all the thousands running!
My youngest daughter was there to watch her. She almost missed seeing her as she was running by a massive spoon!

I downloaded the Marathon App and l could track her at every point of where she was on the run.
Here is her medal...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	869BD050-EE58-4DD4-91BE-02D4DE14DD6F.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	9444   Click image for larger version

Name:	9CB00C08-238F-4E13-90F0-4B23D7C5DFD1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	9445  
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My daughter ran today in the London Marathon and l saw her on the television. I couldn’t believe it, with all the thousands running!
My youngest daughter was there to watch her. She almost missed seeing her as she was running by a massive spoon!

I downloaded the Marathon App and l could track her at every point of where she was on the run.
Was there a dish running with that spoon?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Was there a dish running with that spoon?
That was very funny, Pyxell. Now stop stirring!

I did wonder about all the runners that were dressed up. They must get very hot! I kept seeing the one dressed up as Big Ben.

I was fascinated by the paraplegic entrants. Their arms must be nearly falling off by the end of the race. They really are an inspiration and so determined.
Pyxell
South of England

28-04-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
That was very funny, Pyxell. Now stop stirring!
Oh, I can ladle it out when I've a mind to!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:23 PM

I’ve done marathons before...then they changed the name to snickers..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:24 PM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top