Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:53 PM

When love goes

Do you ever suddenly realize that you don't love someone?
We are predisposed to love our siblings brought up together and have the same childhood experiences .

Suddenly today I realized that I don't love my brother anymore.

He is not someone to rely one do anything that doesn't in convenience him or to be for you when the chips are down .

I realised that if we were never to meet again it would make no difference.

Sad but there it is he probably feels the same about me.

I never thought I would feel this way he is my brother.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:56 PM

Re: When love goes

Same thing for me with my sister. We haven't spoken in years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:59 PM

Don't beat yourself up Muddy.

There I probably more people than you realise who are in the same boat - myself for one.

Whether others agree or not, I believe we can't automatically love somebody purely because they are family, and we shouldn't feel guilty if we don't.

Things have usually occured, often many times, to make that love go.
We can't keep forgiving for ever.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:02 PM

My sister and I never really got on. I detested her. So far removed from myself. I'm feet on the ground, she was full of crap and head in the clouds. I'm caring, she's not. I think of others, she never has. She always lied too, whereas I don't. (Well apart from little ones sometimes).

We grew up rarely in touch when we left home and went our separate ways.

Now we're more in touch, but I can honestly say I sometimes like her now, but I can't say I would ever 'love' her.
I'd probably be sad when she dies (she's 2 yrs older), but I wouldn't miss her I don't think. Having said that, I am sentimental so will probably miss her of sorts.

To be fair, she has, over the past 5yrs or so, been more thoughtful(ish). But she's still not my sort of person.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:19 PM

I didn't love my brother, and while it might sound unfeeling to others it brought peace to the family when he died 3 years ago.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:40 PM

As children we idealise those we love. Life teaches us that nobody is perfect. If our love is based on ideals then we will find that hard to accept.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:46 PM

People who cause distress or affect you in a negative way are not worth bothering with, no matter who they are. That's something I've decided and my life is better for it.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:49 PM

My older brothers, in their grief of losing mum, vowed they would continue to help hold the family glue together

The reality, 2 years down the line is that I am the only one who posts of wider family news, or indeed any news, via our WhatsApp group.

I love them dearly but they don't see beyond their own immediate family bubble

I'm considering stopping messaging..
They'll be bloomin panicking then!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 10:04 PM

Muddy – you probably know the saying 'you can choose your friends but not your family'? I feel just the same about my so-called 'sister', after she stole from our mother and then 'did a runner' abroad some seven or eight years' ago now. If I never see her again it will be too soon!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
People who cause distress or affect you in a negative way are not worth bothering with, no matter who they are. That's something I've decided and my life is better for it.
Truer words never spoken.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top