Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 09:10 AM

Re: When love goes

Muddy , im one of 6 now . My sister i love , but im the giver shes the taker , it annoys me but its true and i have accepted it because i want a sister . I visit her twice a year but she rarely comes to me . It hurts but im used to it .

I have 4 brothers , they have never given a second thought to me or my sister , if one of us died they would just shrug their shoulders, we never enter their thoughts . I tried and tried with them but now i have no feelings whatsoever for them

One brother the youngest manipulated mum to leave the house to him in her will ( it was changed weeks prior to her dying ) he sold it within a short time , retired from full time work and has never offered a £1 to anyone else and never will . Laughs and says its all mine .

Ive no feelings for any of them they are strangers to me
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I love my kids Muddy.

Different life choice by my daughter, but so what?

She is still my daughter.

Guy did not choose to be attacked and have epilepsy.

I still love him.

It matters nothing to me that he cannot now earn a mint or that Holly does not want kids and prefers kissing women to men.

It matters to Mum, it does not matter to me.

She cannot boast about them at the Golf Club.

They are my kids and I will protect them until the day i die.

They are both my kids and would not hurt anyone.

Job done as far as I am concerned.

Swim, may I ask how old your two were when their Mum found someone else?

For some reason I always thought they were adults?
My apologies if I'm wrong.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Swim, may I ask how old your two were when their Mum found someone else?

Hi

For some reason I always thought they were adults?
My apologies if I'm wrong.
Hi

No need to apologise Mups.

You are as genuine as the day is long.

One at First Year Uni and one taking A Levels.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 09:36 AM

I see, thank you Swim.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 09:55 AM

I think that sometimes there can be jealousy, within the offspring, which can trigger all this off, just like out there in the big bad world, really.

As a Grandparent, I find I can spot this when parents might well miss the fact that one child is celebrated as being bright, or beautiful, whilst others are often not.

Then there is the broken marriage and what that can cause!
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 09:56 AM

Some behaviour is absolutely unforgivable, and can turn a person's love to hate,
I've never been in that situation,

Sadly tho I've never felt 'love' for my sister, big age gap, she's much older,
Would feel sad if anything happened to her tho....but the same as i would a colleague/neighbour....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
– Snip –

Then there is the broken marriage and what that can cause!
Tell me about it! Some 40 years on I am still dealing with the 'fall-out' of what an evil, now ex-wife (thank goodness), has caused in my now adult children. For them it's part of their lives now as all the nastiness and negativity towards me by their mother was part of their development when growing up from being small children. Now they have children of their own but what they lived through in their childhoods is still there on occasions too. This has caused so much trouble and there's nothing I can do about it, either then or now!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Tell me about it! Some 40 years on I am still dealing with the 'fall-out' of what an evil, now ex-wife (thank goodness), has caused in my now adult children. For them it's part of their lives now as all the nastiness and negativity towards me by their mother was part of their development when growing up from being small children. Now they have children of their own but what they lived through in their childhoods is still there on occasions too. This has caused so much trouble and there's nothing I can do about it, either then or now!
Sorry to hear about that, Baz.

I guess that you'll be making sure that they know that you're always going to be there for them. One day the penny might drop!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 11:19 AM

My advice would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BORamHBvRdA
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Sorry to hear about that, Baz.

I guess that you'll be making sure that they know that you're always going to be there for them. One day the penny might drop!
Thanks Tedc.

Yes, you are correct it always was my aim to be there to help them in any and every way through their lives, as most fathers do. The penny has dropped with one but the other one I am no longer sure about. Then though we are into 'divided loyalties' and continued nastiness by way of previously negatively manipulated young minds by the other so-called 'parent'. Sad, sad, very sad and another very small three-letter word with so much meaning – why?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top