Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 05:02 PM

Do any of your friends have a personality clash?

I mentioned in a thread a few months ago that two members of my "Saturday Gang" had a misunderstanding whereby things took a dark side for a while.
Whilst these long-term friends eventually kissed and made up, there is still some kind of grievance between them.

I met a friend and his wife to go to a concert with last Saturday and we were in good spirits at the pub next door to the venue before we went to see the band.
As we went inside my other mate was there with his wife. We didn't think they were going.
My other mate suddenly threw a wobbler and 'closed up', became very sulky and didn't say a word to anybody else for the rest of the evening. Whilst we were all singing and jumping around, he was like a zombie.

We all went home though I tagged along with the other couple and had a nightcap drink in a local pub. We spoke about why we thought our other friend gets into his moods.

I'm thinking it's because of a sudden lack of attention or even jealoysy. As the unintentional mediator in all of this I now have to try and think of a solution as we will be all meeting up again soon.

Do any of your friends have a clash of personalities?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 06:28 PM

Re: Do any of your friends have a personality clash?

If I were you Floydy, I would be friendly to both, but let them sort their problem themselves.

I have see situations like this where the peacemaker ends up being the "baddy" and the other two turn against him/her.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 06:32 PM

I agree with Twink. Don't get involved.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 06:38 PM

I also agree with Twink . Best keep out .
smile
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 07:02 PM

Do any of my friends have a personality clash.

None that I know of.

With one friend of mine,..she does talk behind the back of her friend,..makes me wonder what she says about me!.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 07:46 PM

Yes. I have a group of friends whom I’ve known since I was a teenager and some of them don’t care for one another so I tread lightly. lol

I don’t get involved. It makes life much easier cause I hate head games
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 08:23 PM

Yep..one friend i've known since i was nine she constantly moans,
She phones me about every little detail to do with our other mates (i now live a few hours away) but see them all often,
When we go out she gets all humpety & it can spoil the night !
We have all matured, except 'her' i feel like its jealousy, she like to be the only one,
she phones 3/4 times a day for an hour a time just to moan about our other pals, not nice at all.
Due to how far we go back and the fact her own life hasnt turned out great i suffer her...i'd really like to block her but i havent the heart.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lorna ->
Yep..one friend i've known since i was nine she constantly moans,
She phones me about every little detail to do with our other mates (i now live a few hours away) but see them all often,
When we go out she gets all humpety & it can spoil the night !
We have all matured, except 'her' i feel like its jealousy, she like to be the only one,
she phones 3/4 times a day for an hour a time just to moan about our other pals, not nice at all.
Due to how far we go back and the fact her own life hasnt turned out great i suffer her...i'd really like to block her but i havent the heart.
You wonder why they want to moan all the time don't you, if they've been friends for so long?
We go out in various combinations most Saturdays (after a quick 'yay' or 'nay' from our missuses lol) and we always have a good natter over a few beers. One is very loud and an "I've done everything" type and it's him and our aforementioned sulky mate who finds this unbearable at times.
My response to our 'loudmouth' friend is to tell him to "Shut the f**k up" as he tends to - no, always, takes over the conversation. I simply say to him "I haven't finished yet" and he shuts upBut he and the other bloke have known each other for 40 years. They are godfathers to each other's kids and go on holidays together. It's a bizarre and childish situation and I try not to take sides, but it's difficult not to get involved sometimes!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 10:10 PM

Most stuff used to be sorted out in the Pub, that is not the case any more, since Publaphobia became recognisable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 10:32 PM

Edited into oblivion...!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top