Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 06:44 PM

Losing the plot !

Yep definitely, I'm losing it , its gotta be this age thing

Yesterday I drove to a friends house and got lost
How I dont know as I've been there 3 times before, eventually I had to ring her and she came and found me 500yds up the road .

Today i wrote a birthday card to a friend who's birthday it is on Friday, I went to the post office when it was my turn to be served I said " may I have a half price stamp please " , the assistant looked oddly at me and asked me again , I repeated " a half price stamp please " , she said you mean a second class stamp . The queue behind smiled sweetly at me

My words come out muddled , or dont even come out because I forget what I'm saying , I can be in the middle of a sentence and my mind evaporates.

I drive to places and forget where I'm going .

The safest place for me is indoors I think

Am I alone in this .........?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 06:52 PM

Re: Losing the plot !

I have my moments,Susan,

Went into Sainsburys yesterday,self serve till.

I had problems with an item,asked for assistance ,I asked him why it wasn't scanning.

To which he replied,you have already scanned it!!.

I have quite a few senior moments,far to many to mention .
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yep definitely, I'm losing it , its gotta be this age thing

Yesterday I drove to a friends house and got lost
How I dont know as I've been there 3 times before, eventually I had to ring her and she came and found me 500yds up the road .

Today i wrote a birthday card to a friend who's birthday it is on Friday, I went to the post office when it was my turn to be served I said " may I have a half price stamp please " , the assistant looked oddly at me and asked me again , I repeated " a half price stamp please " , she said you mean a second class stamp . The queue behind smiled sweetly at me

My words come out muddled , or dont even come out because I forget what I'm saying , I can be in the middle of a sentence and my mind evaporates.

I drive to places and forget where I'm going .

The safest place for me is indoors I think

Am I alone in this .........?
Have these things started recently, Susan?
I only ask because some types of aphasia (difficulty with speech/words) can have a physical reason, so it might be worth getting checked over by your doctor.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 06:57 PM

Oh blimey pyxell I'm just putting it down to age

Eeeek

Or as Pauline says , senior moments
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 06:59 PM

Susan I don't want to alarm you but this sounds like more than just a 'senior moment'
My husbands Alzheimers started when he got lost in the car going somewhere he'd been to dozens of times.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 07:30 PM

You are not alone Susan I think it is an age thing...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 07:33 PM

Yes t'is! I've got lost twice coming home from familiar places and the other day I asked a man at the garage if he would open my petrol cap as I couldn't...

...he turned it the right way
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 07:48 PM

Yep, definitely an age thing Susan. Fear not!

I forget stuff regularly and can't get my words out sometimes too - I see them in my head but can't grasp them for them to come out of my lips.
I say things back to front when there's a migraine in the offing.

I can relate to the driving thing too. I think it's because as we've been before our senses are relaxed - therefore we're not on the alert 'cos we know we've been before. You know, concentration levels are taking a nap, we're on auto pilot

Say you know what I'm talking about
susan m
DORSET UK

30-04-2019, 07:54 PM

Carol , if i get worse or even more bonkers i promise i will go see doc , fear not , but thankyou for your concerns , pyxell too .

Ive always been a bit dotty , and am able to laugh at myself so doing daft things is normal to me .

Im sure its an age thing , my mate Sue is worse than me !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 08:19 PM

I spent an hour removing and inspecting the soft close dampers on my toilet seat which have stopped working. After attempting to fix them, I decided I needed a new set, so I stuck the seat back on and instantly forgot it wasn't working...... CRASH!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top