Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 09:00 PM

Re: Losing the plot !

Pauline Tessa, pesta , LD , your making me smile too . Im glad others do daft things .
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 11:18 PM

I've experienced similar to you Susan, but a while back. Driving along a road I knew like the back of my hand and then one day all recognition of where I was just went for a short while.

It happened a lot, and I got used to it, so didn't panic as I knew all would become normal again in a quick time.

Also took the wrong turns going to a friends house after 20 yrs,of visiting, That happened more than once.

Also at times forgot I should be going in one direction and took another on my way to work.

After all that, these peculiar activities disappeared and didn't return so I put it down to the stress I was under over a period of time. Things might not be so bad .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 11:46 PM

I am not sure how old you are but there is a definite link between oestrogen depletion and memory loss/aphasia. The older you get the less oestrogen is produced. So yes it could be other things but hormone production slows greatly as you age and I am sure that contributes greatly to brain fog. They should prescribe Hrt like they do statins.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 07:45 AM

PD , i think sometimes the brain or my brain at least can only absorb so much , glad yours got sorted .

Annie , now thats an interesting thought about oestrogen loss something else for me to remember.

My brain used to be sharp and quick and i had the memory of an elephant , now i have to write things down and use a diary . I do chat to my friends and they all say similar things about forgetfulness and dotty happenings .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 08:09 AM

Susan, our memories age just like the rest of our body, so don't worry!

I am sure everybody on this forum has gone into another room, only to find that they can't remember why?

My main problem at the moment is, I am chatting to somebody on the phone when I get distracted ...usually by one of my cats! When I go back to speak with the person on the phone, I can't remember what we were chatting about!

I sometimes think we should have a notebook where we write these moments of lost memory & leave them for the next generation. That way it would show them that we all suffer & it is just part of getting older!
susan m
DORSET UK

01-05-2019, 08:42 AM

Twink , I wonder how the next generation will cope with having to work till very late in life. I feel for them .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Carol , if i get worse or even more bonkers i promise i will go see doc , fear not , but thankyou for your concerns , pyxell too .

Ive always been a bit dotty , and am able to laugh at myself so doing daft things is normal to me .

Im sure its an age thing , my mate Sue is worse than me !
That's alright then. I do have had senior moments myself but I didn't like the sound of yours.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 09:28 AM

My theory (for what it's worth) is that we have a certain amount of storage in our brain. When it is full up, information drops off the end as new information is acquired. A bit like my sat Nav.... as I add a new address, an old one disappears.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 09:44 AM

I wonder how we'd know the difference between just a natural slowing down process, and the start of something a little more serious?

My friend and I laugh at each other because when we are chatting, sometimes she can't remember the end of her sentence, and I have forgotten what I was going to tell her, or a name for example.
I also remember things I have read, but haven't got a clue where I read them, things like that.

Susan, if you are aware of this getting worse, it wouldn't do any harm to mention it when you are next at your doc's, even if only for some reassurance.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 09:58 AM

Yes,I agree with Mups & Others too,like most Folks I've experienced the forgetting what I went into another room for,forgetting Folks Names of Filmstars for example,and find Myself going through the alphabet until I get it ,but I've not had Your experiences,and I'm 76..so a wee mention to the Doc' next time You're there can't do any harm...a stitch in time saves nine ...maybe You just need some vit' b12.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top