Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 02:39 PM

Re: Misread

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Stop walking backwards holding a mirror, Baz.
I am only ever "Walking Backwards for Christmas", as the song goes! You possibly will not know this one Floydy as I believe you are younger than me:

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Impressive Baz. I can read back-to-front, upside down and inside out but no idea how you did that.
You might know about the older, traditional printing methods Longdogs, all text was back-to-front and upside down. Reading like that a never was a problem for me as it's my trade.

Baz's eyes are the wrong way round, Longdogs.
No, my head's on back to front, that's all!

that explains it.
No, that's not the explanation but "it's all in the software" may give you a clue.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I am only ever "Walking Backwards for Christmas", as the song goes! You possibly will not know this one Floydy as I believe you are younger than me:

You might know about the older, traditional printing methods Longdogs, all text was back-to-front and upside down. Reading like that a never was a problem for me as it's my trade.

No, my head's on back to front, that's all!

No, that's not the explanation but "it's all in the software" may give you a clue.
Same here Baz, I worked on film planning and plate making for a good few years so read everything back-to-front. All gone now sadly.

AND I remember the song ^^
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 02:59 PM

Same here Baz, I worked on film planning and plate making for a good few years so read everything back-to-front. All gone now sadly.

AND I remember the song ^^
Yes, the good old days now sadly gone. However, it's now all inside the desktop computer with very clever software. Problem now is that one person is expected to know all the software rather than just one specific part of the trade.

A quick edit there Longdogs, you almost caught me out!

Out of curiosity now I will have to PM you at some time. If you ever worked in print in London it's a small world there, we may even have worked for the same companies at some time.

Apologies to the OP for my disrupting the thread.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 03:03 PM

I almost posted it when I mentioned about you walking backwards but I thought (a) it was labouring the point and (b) it's not Christmas and may be unlucky
Baz46

01-05-2019, 03:11 PM

I almost posted it when I mentioned about you walking backwards but I thought (a) it was labouring the point and (b) it's not Christmas and may be unlucky
Great minds think alike! I hope I wasn't (a) 'labouring the point' too much, and (b) it's not 'unlucky' as I've probably used up a lot of my 'lucky' nine lives!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 03:20 PM

Great minds think alike! I hope I wasn't (a) 'labouring the point' too much, and (b) it's not 'unlucky' as I've probably used up a lot of my 'lucky' nine lives!
No mate, only joking.
My best mate says he wants The Goons' "Ying Tong Song" played at his funeral. I really don't think I can sit through that bloody thing for five minutes!
Baz46

01-05-2019, 03:27 PM

No mate, only joking.
My best mate says he wants The Goons' "Ying Tong Song" played at his funeral. I really don't think I can sit through that bloody thing for five minutes!
That's OK then!

Probably that is the only time anyone could listen to that one, your best mate must have a warped sense of humour! Perhaps he just wants to cheer up what is often a morbid event? I know it well and as for listening to it more than once, as funny as it is, no definitely not!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-05-2019, 03:36 PM

That's OK then!

Probably that is the only time anyone could listen to that one, your best mate must have a warped sense of humour! Perhaps he just wants to cheer up what is often a morbid event? I know it well and as for listening to it more than once, as funny as it is, no definitely not!
Yes, he'll be okay lying in his box unable to hear the stupid thing!
Baz46

01-05-2019, 07:25 PM

Yes, he'll be okay lying in his box unable to hear the stupid thing!
What a way to go though, one way or the other he will definitely be remembered, that's for sure!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 07:37 PM

Spitty, you say, Miss Read, is easy?

You want to be careful next time you see her that she doesn’t give you a slap across your chops!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top