Join for free
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:16 AM

Neighbourhood watch

So yesterday neighbour across the road told me she was worried for another neighbour we know . His car hadnt moved for 4 days and no lights or movement in his house , he is a nice man in his 60s who is a carer for his mum who still lives in her own home , he also works but is always seen popping in and out . Aftet banging again on his doors we decided to call 101 with concerns . Eventually the police lady arrives and we explain our worries . We didnt know his surname or his mums whereabouts . The police found his id through his car reg . Police rang his work but nothing was released as it was military based so after 2 hours of deep thinking police broke his locks as we waited with thumping hearts the bad news .

No one was there the house empty we were thrilled he was still alive and somewhere safe . Police found his mums phone number on his home phone and she told them once a year he goes to London for a long weekend of shows , but thanked us all for our concerns .

She was unable to reach him as he doesnt have a mobile phone so when he arrived home at 5.30 of course he couldn't get in his house . When we neighbours explained he was so surprised that we cared enough to be concerned . We were just pleased the outcome was good .

A number of years ago i found another lovely neighbour dead in her bed as we hadnt seen her and no lights or movement . Its a concern for those who live alone but we here do keep an eye out for each other .

I remember once sending both my kids a text saying " im still alive " because i hadnt seen or heard from them for weeks .

So yesterday all ended well . We are mostly single older folk in this area apart from the young couple next door who moved in 4 years ago and couldnt give a jot about neighbours but maybe one day they will learn its not all about them .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:40 AM

Re: Neighbourhood watch

Yes we need to look out for our neighbours, especially the elderly ones and if there are any irregularities in their behavoir, Susan.

You were very kind in doing this and your actions were duly praised.

I hope the police repaired his locks though.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Lovely story Susan very nice of you to care about your neighbours and I loved the little dig at your kids at the end priceless
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 06:52 PM

I am glad it was a happy ending for all concerned, Susan.
If only more people looked out for each other.

I have often thought if anything happened to me, no one might notice until it was too late.

Just out of interest, I wonder who has to pay for his new locks, any idea?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:03 PM

Hi mups . The police did break his lock but no damage to the doors they told me to get him to ring them . I did suggest he claim from house insurance but the police may pay / repair. When I hear I'll let you know .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top