Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:31 AM

De-criminalisation of non-payment of TV Tax?

Boris has announced that he is considering de-criminalising non-payment of the TV Licence Fee (the TV Tax).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cence-fee.html

I have been watching the BBC TV News this morning and they have not mentioned it once! No big surprise there, then!

I'm sure that most people, not least over-75s, would applaud this action if he should stick to his word. Mention has been made many times of the BBC's political bias, its overpayment of management and 'stars', and lack of programmes worth watching - their 'War of the Worlds' being the most recent coming in for popular criticism.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see the BBC being obliged to compete on a level playing field with other TV companies, by having adverts. It would also give them a well-deserved sound kick up the backside.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:42 AM

Re: De-criminalisation of non-payment of TV Tax?

Originally Posted by jbr ->
boris has announced that he is considering de-criminalising non-payment of the tv licence fee (the tv tax).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cence-fee.html

i have been watching the bbc tv news this morning and they have not mentioned it once! No big surprise there, then!

I'm sure that most people, not least over-75s, would applaud this action if he should stick to his word. Mention has been made many times of the bbc's political bias, its overpayment of management and 'stars', and lack of programmes worth watching - their 'war of the worlds' being the most recent coming in for popular criticism.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who would like to see the bbc being obliged to compete on a level playing field with other tv companies, by having adverts. It would also give them a well-deserved sound kick up the backside.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 12:00 PM

The BBC have had it far to easy for to long, it's about time they were made to compete with other companies competing with a ever shrinking audience.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 12:13 PM

The UK broadcasting license is relatively inexpensive compared to quite a number of other countries.

The problem is the mostly unutterable and often politicised crap that the BBC pushes out
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 12:15 PM

Non-Payment of the Licence Fee should never have been a criminal offence in the first place which results in a criminal record . It should categorised as Civil Offence and dealt with accordingly.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 12:27 PM

I can't be sure but wasn't it government of that POS Blair that made the offense a criminal offence in the UK?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The UK broadcasting license is relatively inexpensive compared to quite a number of other countries.

The problem is the mostly unutterable and often politicised crap that the BBC pushes out
Personally I would rather pay the TV licence than a overpriced subscription to Sky or some other private company who can charge what they like and still broadcast the same old biased crap that the BBC do. Not to mention the stranglehold they have on sports.
You are actually paying the licence fee for the receiving equipment no matter what company transmits the programmes, so even if you don't watch the BBC at all, if you have got a TV then the fee is applicable.

The whole board of directors controlling a countries national media service should be made up of an impartial group of people, and the present lot should be put out to pasture. The government should have more of a say about what is being transmitted to the nation. At the end of the day, it's the government who have to deal with the backlash from biased and incorrect reporting.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 12:42 PM

Good, the BBC are supposed to be an unbiased broadcaster.

They have been anything but unbiased with their left remain agenda. It's also a complete waste of money.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

They have been anything but unbiased with their left remain agenda. It's also a complete waste of money.
Hi

How come then Corbyn and Co are claiming BBC Bias against Labour?

The BBC is internationally recognised as unbiased.

Start closing them down and hen you have state propaganda.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

The licence fee is a huge imposition because they do not offer a +1hr facility as do most other providers. Its about time they were brought into line with the rest and certainly the other Public Service broadcaster Ch4. Break out the fiscal cat-o-nine tails and floggem in the wallet.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top