Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 12:03 PM

Re: car buying for cash

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
True. Companies such as car sales don't want the cash, they prefer to sign you up on the never-never. They get the commission.
It also doesn't help much nowadays when the full price of the cars in advertisements often doesn't appear prominently. However, the monthly credit payment or lease cost always does!

I've noticed this also happens with new houses on an estate a few miles from here, the monthly cost is emblazoned across the posters but no price of the property!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It also doesn't help much nowadays when the full price of the cars in advertisements often doesn't appear prominently. However, the monthly credit payment or lease cost always does!

I've noticed this also happens with new houses on an estate a few miles from here, the monthly cost is emblazoned across the posters but no price of the property!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 10:24 PM

I have always paid cash when buying a car and I always ask for a discount for cash (don't always get it).

Don't know the laws in the UK but my observation is that most car ads here advertise "drive away price" if they give a price.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose the best thing to do these days is make a simple bank transfer. No need to walk around with a suitcase full of bank notes unless that is one's style.
That sounds simple enough but isn’t because you would have to deposit the cash into your account and set up the new recipient . Immediately the question of money laundering comes up .
I just did it .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top