Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 12:06 PM

back pain gone? serious question

For a good few years I have had back pain at the bottom of my spine. Last night as I was lying down in bed I got was i can only describe in my brain was something like a bullet being fired inside my skull and only lasted a couple of seconds.

I know it is too early to tell but at the moment that back pain has gone. I will have to see if the pain has gone for good or not in a few days time.
I was wondering if it was a trapped nerve being released? Any ideas?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 12:21 PM

Re: back pain gone? serious question

Not knowing nor being able to imagine what a bullet in the head would feel like because I’d probably be dead I can’t give a definite answer .
I’ve had sharp shooting pains in my head but never connected them to my very long standing back pains which vary in intensity and initially diagnosed at one time as the result of a prolapsed disc.
At the very bottom of the spine ,the tail end so to speak is the coccyx which I wouldn’t have thought involved nerve pain .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
For a good few years I have had back pain at the bottom of my spine. Last night as I was lying down in bed I got was i can only describe in my brain was something like a bullet being fired inside my skull and only lasted a couple of seconds.

I know it is too early to tell but at the moment that back pain has gone. I will have to see if the pain has gone for good or not in a few days time.
I was wondering if it was a trapped nerve being released? Any ideas?
I think you should see your quack Realspeed just in case!
Apart from the backache going have there been any other effects
good or bad since?
Donkeyman!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 04:42 PM

i I'm 8
Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I think you should see your quack Realspeed just in case!
Apart from the backache going have there been any other effects
good or bad since?
Donkeyman!
No
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

12-01-2020, 10:30 PM

So far it's not so painful, still got to adjust possibly ?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 06:43 PM

I suffer sharp pains into my head and it is caused by my neck muscles.
Apparently when I fractured the top 3 vertebra years and years ago playing footy they think that could have caused weakness in the muscles. ?
Please don't ask me how, doctors have been baffled by the back ever since the first doc came on the scene and I have found they grab at any excuse.
Personally I would book an appointment with a osteopath if the lower back pains return.
Or even better still if you want to be happy Naproxen and Cabapentin work for me..

Now I have been told after months of arm and shoulder pains I have a frozen shoulder on top of the neck problem and need an injection. That should take about 6 months to a year, knowing the NHS.
Happy days hope your lower back pain does not return fella.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 08:29 PM

I've had what you describe Speedy. The only way I knew how to explain it was like an explosion inside my head, like a very loud gunshot sound with no pain. It came when I was in bed also. It only happened the once but it unnerved me as it was like nothing I've ever experienced before. I did research and it kept coming back to something called Exploding Head syndrome. My doctor didn't seem to know what it was. I had actually forgotten about it till you just mentioned it as I haven't had it since that time but if you experienced the same thing as I did I can understand why you would be concerned.

I was at that time going through some tremendous stress so I put it down to that in the end.

It's probably nothing to worry about but best to mention it to doctor and see what he says.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 09:13 AM

LQ has explained it..
How it could be associated with back pain I can't comprehend but if the pain's gone just be thankful.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-01-2020, 12:19 PM

done a bit of research and it seems the "experts" don't actually know why it happens. However it is not a uncommon as i first thought and not connected to any particular problem ,ie back pain. it is not believed to have any effect on the body or mind .
I would say the back pain has subdued considerably, now more of a muscle ache which i also have around the right hand side at waste height. Got over this by using a well advertised product which actually works. "Voltarol"
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
done a bit of research and it seems the "experts" don't actually know why it happens. However it is not a uncommon as i first thought and not connected to any particular problem ,ie back pain. it is not believed to have any effect on the body or mind .
I would say the back pain has subdued considerably, now more of a muscle ache which i also have around the right hand side at waste height. Got over this by using a well advertised product which actually works. "Voltarol"
Glad you have some relief now from the back.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top