Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 04:22 PM

Re: My Guardian Angel is Mean

Most kind, Barry , and you are right - Keezoy has shown himself to be a most thoughtful person. In this day and age, it does deserve a medal!

The good news, Summer, is that I don't think he (as we have come to find out - Spitfire) was thinking about my appearance at all when he said hello .

Yes, swimfeeders, it's sure nice to be at an age (though I reached it eons ago) when we can just be ourselves and not let appearance stand in the way of the way we interact with people. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway

If it was the just-drug-through-a-hedge-backwards look that does it for me, Londogs, keep an eye out on the fashion magazines.

Hahahaha, it seems that Susan and Meg and I share the same fate or guardian angel. If only we could exact revenge. As I have said before on the forum, sometimes I feel like my guardian angel points to me when hanging around his friends ands says, "Watch this!" .

The women in my family, mostly out of necessity from having very large families or having to be fiercely independent after the death of spouses, always looked neat and coiffed, but I don't know any of us that have every gone to the extremes of makeup, hair, and cosmetic surgery that is trendy today. Don't get me wrong, I think these women are beautiful, I'm just not all that sure that it matters to men.

All that said, it is hard to carry on a conversation with an attractive man flashing a smile when I look like a gutter rat. Maybe I am just a little vain after all. .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Most kind, Barry , and you are right - Keezoy has shown himself to be a most thoughtful person. In this day and age, it does deserve a medal!

The good news, Summer, is that I don't think he (as we have come to find out - Spitfire) was thinking about my appearance at all when he said hello .

Yes, swimfeeders, it's sure nice to be at an age (though I reached it eons ago) when we can just be ourselves and not let appearance stand in the way of the way we interact with people. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway

If it was the just-drug-through-a-hedge-backwards look that does it for me, Londogs, keep an eye out on the fashion magazines.

Hahahaha, it seems that Susan and Meg and I share the same fate or guardian angel. If only we could exact revenge. As I have said before on the forum, sometimes I feel like my guardian angel points to me when hanging around his friends ands says, "Watch this!" .

The women in my family, mostly out of necessity from having very large families or having to be fiercely independent after the death of spouses, always looked neat and coiffed, but I don't know any of us that have every gone to the extremes of makeup, hair, and cosmetic surgery that is trendy today. Don't get me wrong, I think these women are beautiful, I'm just not all that sure that it matters to men.

All that said, it is hard to carry on a conversation with an attractive man flashing a smile when I look like a gutter rat. Maybe I am just a little vain after all. .
I much prefer a genuine woman, warts and all....

....OK, maybe not the warts.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I much prefer a genuine woman, warts and all....

....OK, maybe not the warts.
A genuine woman with a dermatologist in tow.

Noted.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 05:32 PM

Hi

Neat and tidy is fine.

Wrinkles are a sign of a life well lived.

Very attractive.

Botox and silicone boobs are not fine, a complete turn off and a sign of vanity and insecurity.

A real woman every time.

I simply cannot understand men who fancy ladies the same age as their daughters.

That to me is totally wrong.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 06:35 PM

Surfermom, l loved your opening post, it’s one of the best, l have ever read.
It’s ‘Sods Law! If you looked wonderful, you wouldn’t meet a soul! Look your worst and you bump into everyone!

Your sex appeal and attractiveness shone through on that day and this man must have done a ‘double take’ when he spied you.

I am glad he stopped and said, ‘Hello’ because sometimes, whatever we look like, it’s nice to be noticed and appreciated!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

16-01-2020, 04:55 PM

Most kind, Artangel .

Isn't interesting how many parallels we have over here with different names? Over on the food thread it's the mutual biscuit/cookie/scone discussion. We call "Sod's Law", "Murphy's Law" over here. By either name, the law was working well that day!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Some men quite like that 'just dragged through a hedge (or puddle) backwards' look...... I know I do.
You are an Officer and a Gentleman Longdogs.

The funny thing is when I'm totally bedraggled in the garden, down among the shrubbery looking like 'Worzal Gummidge'.. Men lean over the garden wall and tell me they love my Hollyhocks.
This is a surprise to me as I do not grow any Hollyhocks.

I must remember not to wear my Bingo Blouses........
"Eyes Down and Look In".

Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 04:01 PM

Surfermom, we have all had this experience at times, and we all replay it a hundred times, wishing that person could have seen us on the day we looked a little better than usual.

I have a long time male admirer who is such a basic, wonderfully naive person who tells you what he sees...really sees in another without judgment. He shared this with me one day.

He caught me looking my average self on a day I was slightly disheveled and distracted. As I started to make excuses why I wasn't pulled together he interrupted and said, "It's nice to see you in a vulnerable state. It's an attractive side men enjoy finding".

I never forgot it. So on the days I feel vulnerable when someone spots me, not ready for the public eye, I recall this and take a deep breath, focus on the person I'm talking to instead of worrying about myself.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

18-01-2020, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Surfermom, we have all had this experience at times, and we all replay it a hundred times, wishing that person could have seen us on the day we looked a little better than usual.

I have a long time male admirer who is such a basic, wonderfully naive person who tells you what he sees...really sees in another without judgment. He shared this with me one day.

He caught me looking my average self on a day I was slightly disheveled and distracted. As I started to make excuses why I wasn't pulled together he interrupted and said, "It's nice to see you in a vulnerable state. It's an attractive side men enjoy finding".

I never forgot it. So on the days I feel vulnerable when someone spots me, not ready for the public eye, I recall this and take a deep breath, focus on the person I'm talking to instead of worrying about myself.
What a lovely thing to say!

You make me think about something though; I replay the stupid things I haves said much more than the situations like this one, even year later. Ugh.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 05:49 PM

Perhaps we would do well to remember that we are who we are,
seldom do others see us as we see ourselves.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top