Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 10:33 AM

Re: When people don’t talk

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy,

I would avoid them and leave them with their dad as it sounds like a hard nut to crack with those two!
I agree with Art.

Do they expect you to cater for them? Well you should plan a nice day out with a friend & leave them something to warm up.

You've tried your best. I don't suppose they can help being weird but it's time for you to stop bothering now.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They might have undiagnosed high functioning aspergers Muddy. It can appear as aloofness. I'm sure it's not personal. It may be worth exploring why it makes you feel so anxious though because they may feel that tension and it may be affecting their ability to open up.
I had a think about this .
I don’t think they have anything like that but (IMO) they have depression .

The posts on this thread have made me realise - that these are not two happy women .

They are slow ,excruciatingly so - talk in monotones and of course never engage at all.

They both have issues with work one has a very good job in the city but it is tense .The other works in a hospital lab but consistently fails to upgrade because she doesn’t provide the details they require. ( which she could with a little effort) so we can’t talk about their work as it’s all negative. .

When they stay with us they always get up very late and they take hours -literally -to get ready to go out .
If we arrange to meet them somewhere they are always without fail late often hours.

So much so that last time we met up ( to return the dog - theirs -after Christmas ) I refused to leave the house until they phoned to say they had left their house and were on their way.
Fed up with wasting hours of my life waiting on horrible motorway service stations or elsewhere ,
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Have tried various things Twink with no result so you are right just have to accept and go for more long walks with the dog
I know you will have tried, and it must be frustrating because you enjoy interesting conversation, but don't allow them to make you feel that you can't stay in your own home ( unless of course you want to go out).
Do some art work, with your talent you may capture their attention.
If not, then just get on with your day and let their dad keep them entertained. It isn't easy to be polite to those who don't return the favour.....but it does make you the better person!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:04 PM

I think next time they come I will arrange a visit elsewhere.
Good for you, Muddy. The behavior of the daughters is just plain rude.
I believe that it would be a waste of your time to try and get them to engage in conversation. If I might make a suggestion ? Should you find yourself trapped with them, be civil but nothing else.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 08:12 PM

I had a think about this .
I don’t think they have anything like that but (IMO) they have depression .

The posts on this thread have made me realise - that these are not two happy women .

They are slow ,excruciatingly so - talk in monotones and of course never engage at all.

They both have issues with work one has a very good job in the city but it is tense .The other works in a hospital lab but consistently fails to upgrade because she doesn’t provide the details they require. ( which she could with a little effort) so we can’t talk about their work as it’s all negative. .

When they stay with us they always get up very late and they take hours -literally -to get ready to go out .
If we arrange to meet them somewhere they are always without fail late often hours.

So much so that last time we met up ( to return the dog - theirs -after Christmas ) I refused to leave the house until they phoned to say they had left their house and were on their way.
Fed up with wasting hours of my life waiting on horrible motorway service stations or elsewhere ,
It does sound as though they struggle in life. Definitely something not right there, but they may be unaware of the effect of their behaviour. Difficult not to take it personally when people behave this way though.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top