Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:46 AM

Re: COVID19 - SORTED! Everything now finally made clear.

The worrying things to me apart from the load of crap that stupid woman is coming out with is that the BBC site is 100% legit and that we're paying for it out of our taxes, at least those of us who pay taxes are. A tad under £300 mil a year.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Google translate doesn't help I'm afraid.

However, using my universal understanding of such matters, she was basically saying "I'm a complete nutter who has had some kind of emotional breakdown", or words to that effect
No, it was a genuine Pidgin news item.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The worrying things to me apart from the load of crap that stupid woman is coming out with is that the BBC site is 100% legit and that we're paying for it out of our taxes, at least those of us who pay taxes are. A tad under £300 mil a year.
Salaries need justifying. At lease they didn't pay for a reporter to go an make a full interview, all expenses paid.
No, it was a genuine Pidgin news item.
PLM - think you get my drift
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:57 AM

TBH - I'm surprised there hasn't been a plethora of other soothsayers put their tuppence in.

Given that the Iceland Volcano eruption a few years back was Allah's way of punishing us for our promiscuous women, there must surely be a whole raft of crazy beliefs out there about Covid.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

29-07-2020, 12:22 PM

TBH - I'm surprised there hasn't been a plethora of other soothsayers put their tuppence in.

Given that the Iceland Volcano eruption a few years back was Allah's way of punishing us for our promiscuous women, there must surely be a whole raft of crazy beliefs out there about Covid.
I have heard plenty, like 5G masts causing the virus!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-07-2020, 12:27 PM

Salaries need justifying. At lease they didn't pay for a reporter to go an make a full interview, all expenses paid.
PLM - think you get my drift
The World Service DO have reporters in some countries. There's also a big news aggregation section here and abroad to compile news items.

It's not that easy to waste £300,000,000 of UK tax payers cash.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-07-2020, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I have heard plenty, like 5G masts causing the virus!
Yep..Never really got my head around that one. Mind you, I can understand how some kind of radiation might alter one's immune system and make one more susceptable.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-07-2020, 12:32 PM

The World Service DO have reporters in some countries. There's also a big news aggregation section here and abroad to compile news items.

It's not that easy to waste £300,000,000 of UK tax payers cash.
True. Even a staff of say 5,000 worldwide on an average of say £30k would only cost £150million, unless of course one employs Diane Abbott to check the books, in which case, it would only be (in the words of Pritti) One hundred, eighty three and forty thousand two point nine six million and a half, or thereabouts

Either way, it's a lot of dosh, and for what essential purpose?
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 12:59 PM

For some reason I couldn’t open the links… But I’m assuming Dr Stella Immanuel !!

Cure claims using Hydroxyclhoroquine, championed by Mr Trump.
Gynecological problems caused from sexual dreams with aliens and such.
Use of Alien DNA to make vaccines.

Well… I try to be open minded… But I can’t see Alien DNA being used in vaccines
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-07-2020, 01:10 PM

Yep..Never really got my head around that one. Mind you, I can understand how some kind of radiation might alter one's immune system and make one more susceptable.
It's based on bad science and, to be honest, a legitimate concern.

The 5g bit is because the energy within an rf field being proportional to the frequency of the field. The levels are very low so that's the bad science. The legitimate concern is the nature of the field because in the case of kiddiephones base stations the field is far from a simple sineusodial field.

From this point it gets boring. Interesting- but boring.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top