Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 09:49 AM

Care Homes Thrown under a bus

Whilst all the media hype has been about NHS, the reality appears that our UK Covid death statistics do not include deaths out of hospital including care homes.
Its obvious that care homes are a sitting duck for the virus. They are often owned privately by owners unlikely to criticise the government. Often they use agency staff who mix in the community and have extra jobs at other care homes to supplement their obscenely low wages, they are relatively untrained and I expect fully unequipped with PPE especially as we see our abject government grovelling to Turkey after they refused help from the EU.
I expect the truth is they will be decimated by CV19 but because only those tested for CV19 in hospitals will be included our official stats the government and our syncophantic press will bury the story.
Welcome to Brexit Britain and old age care Dominic Cummings style.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:06 AM

Re: Care Homes Thrown under a bus

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Whilst all the media hype has been about NHS, the reality appears that our UK Covid death statistics do not include deaths out of hospital including care homes.
Its obvious that care homes are a sitting duck for the virus. They are often owned privately by owners unlikely to criticise the government. Often they use agency staff who mix in the community and have extra jobs at other care homes to supplement their obscenely low wages, they are relatively untrained and I expect fully unequipped with PPE especially as we see our abject government grovelling to Turkey after they refused help from the EU.
I expect the truth is they will be decimated by CV19 but because only those tested for CV19 in hospitals will be included our official stats the government and our syncophantic press will bury the story.
Hospital deaths are the international method of reporting.

Also, care homes are in the private sector unlike the NHS, but you knew that right ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:11 AM

I wondered how long it would take the remainers and the BBC to blame brexit ....Change the bleeding record!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wondered how long it would take the remainers and the BBC to blame brexit ....Change the bleeding record!
I know.

They just can't cope with failure.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:18 AM

We bought clinical masks and rubber gloves from Switzerland and had them delivered by DHL without the slightest difficulty. We could have gone the whole hog and bought everything up to a sorta Selafield Suit just as easily (think "full body condom").

Our kids bought clinical masks and gloves following our advice. Orders placed Monday last week, delivered Saturday.

If the private care homes had wanted to get PPE then they could and SHOULD have done likewise.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Would you explain " old age care Dominic Cummings style"?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:21 AM

Italy, which is still very much in the EU requested help but received very little from members.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

22-04-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Italy, which is still very much in the EU requested help but received very little from members.
The EU comprises three sub groups.

Germany and France - since our escape the source of finance.

The PIGS group, a shower of chancers of which Greece is by far the worst, the government has admitted that it LIED to gain accession

The Eastern European bloc. In the EU for what they could extort.

When push comes to shove it's every man for himself.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes it does get boring and the record has been played repeatedly for so long they must need a new stylus by now
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The EU comprises three sub groups.

Germany and France - since our escape the source of finance.

The PIGS group, a shower of chancers of which Greece is by far the worst, the government has admitted that it LIED to gain accession

The Eastern European bloc. In the EU for what they could extort.

When push comes to shove it's every man for himself.

True.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top