Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 01:14 PM

Re: Priti Patel

Priti useless and Priti incompetent she must be the worst Home Secretary ever,even including Theresa.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
Priti useless and Priti incompetent she must be the worst Home Secretary ever,even including Theresa.
You've forgotten Jack Straw and the extraordinary rendition incident in Libya which he tried to cover up, his being caught in a `honey-trap` for cash for lobbying, and Margaret Beckett who lasted a scant eight months because of her incompetence.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 05:04 PM

Notwithstanding past incompetents Priti hopeless still can't be beaten, she'll be lucky to last eight months.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 05:38 PM

Coronavirus: Home Secretary Priti Patel admits she doesn't know how many people with COVID-19 are entering UK

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ng-uk-12029153

Priti Patel could not say what proportion of the roughly 50,000 travellers passing through the border into Britain every day either using air corridors or going into quarantine are carrying COVID-19.

She said she has asked for the figure, but it is held by another government department.

Ms Patel denied she had never asked for the information, and then said the latest estimate was 0.5% of travellers.

Ms Cooper told her that was the same figure as 23 March - when the UK's lockdown was announced - and actually related to the proportion of cases in the country as a whole bought in by people who had recently arrived.

"I have just told you the figure that I have been given as the only reliable estimate," the home secretary snapped back.
Patel holds one of the four Great Offices of State of the UK and she doesn't know one important figure while blaming someone else for the other ..... ignorance and/or incompetence, just like Harding .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 06:17 PM

I rate Priti Patel very highly. She's having to tackle a right clustermuck with a rebellious bunch of civil servants who have lost their way and are interfering in government.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I had expected nothing else about such a sweet girl brought up in the tradition that woman should obey man. Unimaginable that such a person when getting into power would abuse that power.
Are you being sarcastic ?
Priti Patel was not brought up that way at all .
Her family were ambitious and the children helped in the family business of which started with a small shop .
I wish she would bully some of the other nincompoops in government and some of our judges too.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I had expected nothing else about such a sweet girl brought up in the tradition that woman should obey man. Unimaginable that such a person when getting into power would abuse that power.
Nonsense & racist.
She is good IMo
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Nonsense & racist.
She is good IMo
Leading by example gets a new meaning under spitty patel.

Johnson authorised the inquiry four months ago, and insisted at the time that Patel would be exonerated. Leaks from Whitehall have since claimed that Patel was about to be cleared, but it has not yet been released.

A report in the Financial Times on Wednesday claimed that the findings were being held back because its “robust criticisms” of Patel could be embarrassing.
https://www.ft.com/content/5c02fea8-...4-e5c756616f1e
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-to-leave-post
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 10:23 AM

Any and every opportunity for the awful civil service to obstruct government objectives must be sidetracked.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 11:08 AM

Priti Patel wrongly tells MPs France is ‘not intercepting migrant boats’ as record numbers cross Channel

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9621306.html

Priti Patel has risked inflaming a row with France by wrongly telling MPs that its authorities do not intercept migrant boats at sea.

The home secretary said that “appalling” numbers of people were attempting the journey across the English Channel, amid record numbers of crossings since the start of this year.

“I’ve had some very difficult discussions with my French counterpart, even looking at interceptions at sea because currently the French authorities are not intercepting boats at sea,” she told the Home Affairs Committee on Wednesday. “I feel that there could be stronger enforcement measures on the French side and they’ve heard that from me.”
French authorities do intercept migrant boats that are spotted in their territorial waters.

The maritime prefect for the English Channel announced that 30 migrants from 3 vessels had been returned to France earlier on Wednesday.

One group was handed over to police at Boulogne-sur-Mer and migrants from two other boats were taken to Calais.

In 2019, 1,892 migrants successfully crossed the Channel and a further 1,235 were intercepted by French authorities, according to research by the BBC.

Asked for the number of people who had reached British shores in 2020, Ms Patel said she did not have the figures to hand but was receiving daily updates, and had visited Calais at the weekend.
I'm begining to think that the woman is a legend in her own lunchtime who doesn't feel the need to bother with "homework" .....

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top