Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:04 PM

Re: EU Overfishing UK waters??

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Good

Solasch - means clown
Any scot around who thinks the same?

Btw I took my pseudonym after an irish band.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 05:32 PM

Oh dear ..

https://m.dw.com/en/dutch-fishing-in...cebook-sharing
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Oh dear ..

https://m.dw.com/en/dutch-fishing-in...cebook-sharing
How will we be issueing quotas and permits after xmas Bread?
Have we made a policy yet for who deserves to get one?
Should get very interesting in the near future l think?

Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁👍👍
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
How will we be issueing quotas and permits after xmas Bread?
Have we made a policy yet for who deserves to get one?
Should get very interesting in the near future l think?

Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁👍👍

Based on zonal attachment, licenses, type of boat etc etc

Also depends if we have a fishing season (which I suspect we will have) and how far we go with marine conservation zones and no take zones.

At the end of the day, the UK fisheries policy will favour British boats.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 06:43 PM

Hi

Our choice our waters.

The unfortunate consequence for me is that I need to catch a huge Conger from the Wrecks.

I will have to pay the French for this.

It annoys me.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-07-2020, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Our choice our waters.

The unfortunate consequence for me is that I need to catch a huge Conger from the Wrecks.

I will have to pay the French for this.

It annoys me.

Go to Weymouth
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:16 PM

What is it that Macron doesn’t understand?

Foreign boats will have to obtain a licence in order to fish in British waters after December 31st 2020
The sooner he and the other EU countries who depend on their livelihoods by fishing in our rich waters realise this, the better it will be. The arrogant assumption by the bloc that our waters belong to them by right, followed by their equally arrogant assumption that French fishermen will be allowed to break British Law by continuing to fish in our waters with impunity after December 31st, they really are deluding themselves.

Do they honestly believe that Britain is just going to roll over and simply have a war of words while we allow the French, Spanish, Dutch, et al, to just carry on fishing illegally in our waters?

I politely suggest that someone have a quick word with the pontificating political pygmy over there in France, and remind him that this is Britain he is dealing with. We are the most polite nation in the world (sometimes too polite for our own good and often get S..t on because of it), but we are renowned for just brushing ourselves down and continuing to be resolute in dealing fairly.
However, one thing guaranteed to get every British back up is when some pompous, small in stature Frenchman thinking he can push us around with his pathetic threats, demands and bullying. Surely, he should know that the British have never been afraid to stand up to bullies, just ask your near neighbours!!

Don’t think for one moment, just because a few French fishing vessels threw rocks at our fishermen at the scallop beds, that they feel they can threaten to get one over on us by coming into British waters mob-handed and committing piracy. We will have more than adequate defence of our waters when we leave. So, the sooner the bloc realises that we mean it when we tell them, as our negotiators have countless times, there is no bargaining to be done. Our waters belong to Britain, they have always belonged to Britain - with simply an agreement that the EU states could fish in them under the hated CFP policy - while we were members. It's kind of like ''it's my ball, I don't want to play with you anymore, I'm going home and I'm taking my ball with me''.

The sooner the Bloc can start to be reasonable, grow up and start acting sensibly, the better for all concerned.

The situation is never going to change.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What is it that Macron doesn’t understand?

Foreign boats will have to obtain a licence in order to fish in British waters after December 31st 2020
The sooner the Bloc can start to be reasonable, grow up and start acting sensibly, the better for all concerned.

The situation is never going to change.
Well let us assume that Macron understands a lot more than you suppose.
You are absolutely right about British waters. France and the Netherlands should leave them to you to exploit and they should find another solution for their fishing industry. One which not entails the UK.

But I cannot find them unreasonable as they have stated their red lines from the beginning as have the UK. This is a game, we all know there can be not agreement in 2020 but the negotiating parties must keep a friendly face until the end.

I am sure the UK and the EU try to avoid being the party to be blamed for no success in the negotiations.

Let us keep calm and wait another 4 months, then it will be over.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
You are absolutely right about British waters. France and the Netherlands should leave them to you to exploit and they should find another solution for their fishing industry. One which not entails the UK.

But I cannot find them unreasonable as they have stated their red lines from the beginning as have the UK. This is a game, we all know there can be not agreement in 2020 but the negotiating parties must keep a friendly face until the end.

I am sure the UK and the EU try to avoid being the party to be blamed for no success in the negotiations.

I guess in the end the bouiabaisse will not be eaten as hot as it is served.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

03-07-2020, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->

If the French do not come to an agreement with us (and the Danes , Spanish and Dutch,) then on the 1st Jan they will all be banned from fishing in our waters.

Its that simple and they also need to realise that our territorial waters are not part of the negotiations. The stupidity of the EU is reaching a higher level as each day they continue down this path.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top