Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 08:48 PM

Re: Lords Reject UK Fisheries Bill

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
They buy the quota to catch the fish....they have been doing that for decades.
That must be the decades since uk joined eu eh Solly?
Well the hollanders can soon get used to doinng what englanders
have been doing for decades Solly! That is buy them from uk??

Donkeyman! 😁😁😁
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That must be the decades since uk joined eu eh Solly?
Well the hollanders can soon get used to doinng what englanders
have been doing for decades Solly! That is buy them from uk??

Donkeyman! 😁😁😁
The reverse could be happening donks. Most of the fish the english catch, they land in the EU. In other words, the EU buys their catch.
Now suppose the EU doesn't buy? Remember, the UK has no facilities to process the fish! Well, the english fishermen can either not catch the fish, and get no money and go bankrupt. Or they can dump their catch in the sea, and go bankrupt.
It is a hard world, but the EU is bigger than the UK. And in this case, size matters
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 11:27 PM

The reverse could be happening donks. Most of the fish the english catch, they land in the EU. In other words, the EU buys their catch.
Now suppose the EU doesn't buy? Remember, the UK has no facilities to process the fish! Well, the english fishermen can either not catch the fish, and get no money and go bankrupt. Or they can dump their catch in the sea, and go bankrupt.
It is a hard world, but the EU is bigger than the UK. And in this case, size matters

The UK are a net importer of fish and your making up silly stories again
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The UK are a net importer of fish and your making up silly stories again
You are? You eat more than you catch? Then why sell so much?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 08:02 AM

You are? You eat more than you catch? Then why sell so much?

We sell the crap that we don't want to eat because its for fertilisers and pet food. That changes in 6 months ... as you know

I wish you could understand my posts, I explained all this to you about a year ago..

I guess if you are what you are
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 10:26 AM

Oh you big bully Solly? But as a self professed law abiding
dutchman you should know that possesion is 9 points of the law??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
jj41
New Member!
Bristol UK
jj41 is male 

26-06-2020, 10:51 AM

A lot of the Lords proposals make good sense, particularly the favouring of boats under 10M. No-one in a small boat ever threatened a species.

And something also must be done about by-catch. It is utter madness that if the wrong species is caught, or it is of the wrong size it is dumped, 95% dead, back over the side. Lots of cases where beautiful perfect fish is caught and has to be dumped because the boat has already exceeded the quota for that particular species so it is illegal to land it. Not illegal to kill it though. ALL that is caught should be landed, and the by product can and should be processed, even if it just cat food or fish meal for fertiliser.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 11:19 AM

We sell the crap that we don't want to eat because its for fertilisers and pet food. That changes in 6 months ... as you know

I wish you could understand my posts, I explained all this to you about a year ago..

Hi

Some interesting information from our Government

https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...cs-report-2018
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-06-2020, 01:56 PM

If the information from your government is to believed, you are in for a surprise!
https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...re-report-2018
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-06-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Some interesting information from our Government

https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...cs-report-2018
Are you ignoring the EU figures deliberately ?

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top